A little music related fun

I don’t, but now I kinda want to.

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/ynr990vdK4s

8 Likes

I watched this a while back. Pretty amazing.

2 Likes

The intro :smiley:

5 Likes

That was great. Thanks for posting.
I remember when Spirit of the Radio was in the UK top 40 ! Man I’m getting old :joy:

3 Likes

The older I get, the more I like them. I remember suffering through their videos on MTV in the 80’s, I just didn’t understand them yet.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Absolutely - because it’s so damn rare…

4 Likes

Anyone have a couple of C64s lying around?

9 Likes

11 Likes

He is never going to get that time back…

4 Likes

Yeah, but he’s gonna squeeze every bit out of that thing.

3 Likes

I liked this because I like ragtime music. It is one thing that attracted me to my husband, 40+ years ago - he played some Joplin on his piano :musical_keyboard:. Well, ragtime had been having a big revival in the years before we met, with popular media such as “The Sting”, Joshua Rifkin’s “Rags by Scott Joplin” album, “The Red Back Book”, etc.

Now we have two (out of three) sons who also play piano, but neither can play as many ragtime compositions as he can, or as well as he can, after he refreshes by practicing them. No accordion players here, though. :smile: The technical part of the video is interesting enough for me to alert him to it.

4 Likes

I salute Party Cannon for their choice of font and calligraphy :joy:

13 Likes

Well… In Men In Black (the first movie) Will Smith gives a convincing argument that the seemingly harmless entity (a young kid strolling at night with her quantum mechanics textbook tucked under the arm, in an alley at night full of werewolves…) Was the most threatening danger…

4 Likes

This came to my mailbox this morning. If you don’t subscribe to the No Treble" free emails you should. Many of the new products that you discuss here, I saw them here first. They also post some nice classic bass videos, like this Pino Palladino one. A guy who doesn’t read music.

1 Like

I actually agree with Beato here:

2 Likes

I don’t agree with Beato. I think what he says is shortsighted. Everyone else makes more cogent points.

1 Like

No one I know my age gives a flying f*ck about vintage instruments, and I’m 54. I suspect the younger generations care much less. Especially if it came to spending a premium to get one. Honestly, looking at older instruments, I would want a discount. For the most part they are made better now than then anyway.

Anecdotal but definitely my experience.

I don’t usually agree with Beato but I think he is spot on here.

2 Likes

Please indulge more of my Rush videos. This one makes me laugh. “It’s a stupid little guitar!”

4 Likes