A little music related fun

I never saw this before…It was awesome…!

3 Likes

Perfect.

1 Like

15 Likes

so its a guitar but stillllllllll this made me and my friend laugh way too much

9 Likes

Free Air Guitar

14 Likes

Planet Claire, right? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If it said FREE AIR BASS that rack would be empty!!

11 Likes

Sara: (while dusting my music room): Why do you have an extra strap laying around?

Me (Signing): I guess I need to buy another bass for it (shrugs shoulders).

Silence (Sara resumes dusting).

12 Likes

funny, ha-ha

4 Likes

A friend made this for me with his 3D printer. Baby Groot playing bass.

11 Likes

Scott Pilgrim vs The World is the best movie ever made.

That is all.

P.S. he plays a Rick :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll tell you a gig story that is one of my fathers favorites. It involves a bass player.

This was sometime in the 1970’s. Dad was in his 20’s when he first started his group “Stagecoach Band”. At the time, they were playing small/medium venues, like the Shriners Club, Bars, Foreign Legions, etc.

Well one day, they were booked to be the band at the reception of a wedding. And the band, on top of getting a flat rate, were encouraged to eat and drink at the free bar at their leisure.

(Mistake #1)

Now the bass player, his name was Barney. Barney could play pretty well, nothing highly advanced or the like, but he was pretty good at laying down the groove.

And Barney liked to drink.

After about the third set, Barney wasn’t drunk, but he was, as like we like to say in the South, “Was tying a pretty good one on.” He wasn’t sloppy enough to play bad, but he was putting intricate dance moves on his beats never quite seen before or since.

Well, time comes to play Lynard Skynards’ “Gimme Three Steps”, which was Barneys favorite song to play. So he’s really into it; nodding his head and moving towards the front of the stage.

I should mention that at the front of the stage below was a long table full of desserts, and wedding cake.

(Mistake #2)

Then finally, about midway through the song, while Dad is doing the lead, Barney tries to duck walk, Chuck Berry style, across the stage.

(Mistake #3)

Whilst duck walking, Barney topples over the front of stage, landing face first onto the dessert table, crushing the table on one side, and catapulting the wedding cake on the other. Barney, to his credit, quickly extricated himself from the table, climbed back on the stage, and kept playing.

Barney was covered from his head to toe with strawberry cheesecake, ice cream, chocolate pudding, etc. His bass guitar had a chocolate smear across the body.

…Did I mention Barney wore an afro-style wig? No? Well he did…and was cocked to the side at a roughly 38.2 degree angle. My father couldn’t even look at Barney. Dad took his playing very seriously, but as he kept singing, his body was shaking, his hands were shaking and missing a note here and there, and his face was bright red trying not to laugh.

They finished the set that way; Barney covered in dessert, and wig cocked to the side.

Dad didn’t feel the need to break Barneys concentration. :smiley:

18 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

13 Likes

That’s a funny story!! :rofl:

5 Likes

I think I’ve been to that bar!!

3 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

LITTLE BACKGROUND TO EXPLAIN THE MEME AT THE END.
Not totally bass only related, just mentions music in general.

My youngest daughter Gracie, who lives with her mom, My X wife
who hates me cuz she 100% completely blames me what happened to my 18 year old daughter Madilyn (or Madi) on March 3, 2020, when Madi almost died and ended up losing her foot.
Even Tho,
I was
A - I WAS OUT WITH GRACIE, that day, her 16th birthday (and it will forever haunt her, as it will I)
AND
B - this whole incident (that made her full bore hate me) happened AT HER (my X wife), on her watch.

Logic, right :wink:

anyway, I was with my 16 year old on the day of the 16th, just pulled in to parking spot to go shop for her gift and get dinner,
when shit hit the fan,
and we got the Call that Madi was dying and on way to ER
So we raced to the hospital, about 20-25 min away from where we were (luckily it was 1/2 a block from her house and my daughter got there quick)

Sorry for the long intro, but
My daughter has had a poor relationship with me since this happened. at first we were tight, but
1 - Her shopping session never happened, cuz of the accident.
2 - I was on disability and had some delayed checks and overdrawn to pay rent when she got into the biggest fight with me about shoes she wanted for her birthday. (but I gave her a Yamaha RBX-170, in like new condition, cuz she expressed interest in learning, after I asked her, cuz Madi, a day or two before the accident, ASKED ME if I would teach her bass.
3 - Some of the guys I was staying with, pitched in $20 here and there to get Madi something, and I found that Daisy Rock Flower Bass for her, and bought it with donation money

so Gracie thinks I am giving Madi rewards for overdosing and going to the hospital, almost killing her, but wouldn’t get her the birthday present she wanted, exactly when she wanted it, even tho I had no money to get it, for another week (which she never heard). PLUS she felt brushed off cuz I gave her a bass that only cost me $45, and I did not care too much for it, and that Madi got a cool one, that I did not pay for.
it is a mess, 3 girls, they all hate each other, they have to all get the same exact equal things and same exact special treatment, or they complain about how every body them gets everything they want and ask for and that they never get anything. (In that statement above, They could be any one of the three, and Them equals the other two)

Ok, to the point.
about 3 months after the incident, Gracie told me off, over text, to where I was telling her to not speak to me that way, or I was gonna cancel her phone (it was pretty bad how she was treating me and the language being used).
she told me she hated me and never wanted to talk to me again, and to leave her alone and don’t ever call her again.

So, since then I have just played mellow, there is alot of healing going on with the three girls (oldest sister Bridey is 22) girls and their mom, my X.
I stay away and out of any conflict to anything, and with Gracie, I just text her a little message on a holiday, which started on July 4th 2020.

I just texted

Happy 4th Gracie
I love you and I miss you alot
I hope you are doing well and have a great day.

I did not get anything for a few days, and a couple days later, she added a Heart to like the text I sent.

Then on Labor day, Halloween
Thanksgiving, xmas

I sent one each time
She always Liked them and sometimes sent back. “Miss you too”

so, we are starting to get to talking a bit more, and I am, slowly just keeping communication open.

Well, on my birthday, on the 22nd, SHE initiated the text, sending me a Happy Birthday dad. I love you and hope you feel better soon.

That was huge, it was big, and I felt great about it.

Today, I got what I will consider my birthday card, and even present from her.
I made me grin ear to ear, and chuckle quite heartily.

Sorry for the long intro, and I hope it gives a good background to this meme and why it means so much to me.

Oh, and did I happen to mention, in this case, it is pretty head on true.

The thing is her anger issues are 50x what mine are. I am not like anger management type angry person at all,
She is, for real, she is a very angry girl and I know I have a big part in that over the years, the divorce, she was young and did not get it, etc…
but I would not say I don’t have anger issues at times
And she totaly is the one girl of the three that likes all my music.
So, it is so true, made it soooo funny to me.
The fact she reached out with it, made it magical.

3 Likes

To me, this whole video is hilariously great.

From what I’ve read on the music video, both girls were high out of their minds on speed.

(Shocker, I know.)

Matter of fact, allegedly everyone shown in the video was under the influence of some type of drug.

(Again, shocker.)

But what really got to me was the guy playing the keyboard at 2:37, wearing a black leather jacket, John Lennon sunglasses, a huge red bow tie, playing the ivories while smoking a cigar.

It bummed me out; knowing I’ll go to my grave never being quite as cool as that guy. :smiley:

https://youtu.be/uJ2cEc_TCH8

The guy on the keyboard is Jools Holland.

3 Likes