A little music related fun

12 Likes

not sure everybody will get it, but still … :joy: … and the best is that this is an actual product, not a joke.

@terb Sorry, not sure I (for one) get it, but I would like to - expliquer, s’il vous plaît? (from my old high school French)
Anything to do with Covid, perhaps?

Nothing to do with covid. It’s just that a lot of people believe that Alnico magnets sounds better in guitar and bass pickups, and for that reason they want Alnico eveywhere.

The part showed in the picture is a tremolo block : it has nothing to do with pickups and it’s absolutly a nonsense to use Alnico (which is a metal alloy) here. Also Alnico is very brittle and not suitable at all for mechanical parts. That being said, this tremolo bloc is absolutly not made out of Alnico which has not this yellow color. It’s brass for sure. Which is good for a tremolo block.

So, yeah, it made me laugh.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation! It’s good to learn something new to me. Now, if I can only retain it. . . :smile:

1 Like

Alnicov is the world’s leading manufacturer electronic guitar parts in China per Amazon

Poor grammar aside, why not name your company after a metal and get all the free advertising?

1 Like

Oh I was not aware it was actually a brand. Poor brand name but free advertising, yes.

Did somebody say all of Billie Jean… on one classical guitar?

7 Likes

You big tease. Nothing there… at least for me

1 Like

There’s no more room for anyone else. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I had to re-open the Billie Jean video twice before it would play.
It was worth the effort.

1 Like

Here’s the YouTube version, might be a bit easier to play:

3 Likes

Twister time in the moshpit !

2 Likes

ya, that woman isn’t on anything, lololol

Impressive

3 Likes

Spiderman seems to have let himself go somewhat

13 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Before anybody asks, there IS a bass in there. :face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

Is that Fred from the B-52s?

2 Likes

Nope. That’s Steve McQueen and a go-go dancer back in the 60s.

4 Likes