A little music related fun

Ahh, got it

2 Likes

Just heading out of the door to watch an AC/DC tribute act called BC/DC. I’ve seen them before years ago and they’re awesome. Anyway, it made me think of this:

6 Likes

I’m not a Boomer, but credit where due

10 Likes

The other difference is that boomers will tell you that the letter i appears twice in defining :smile:

9 Likes

Must be Jason Newsted playing “And Justice for All” :grin:

4 Likes

Maybe, but he’d have to have been a toddler. :baby:

1 Like
7 Likes

Wow, some of these basses sounded like utter crap - wouldn’t have thought… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The things that sounded like crap to me made sense to me.
Also this once again shows that a standard P is just damn bass goodness.
For me, that Eppiphone and the Sires were not my cups of tea at all.
LIked the Fenders, the Warwick sounded great if not my sort of sound but appreciate it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was one of the better ones.

Perhaps, some of the others had some, uhm, less than perfect settings, or that riff just wasn’t meant to be played on those basses.

Well, good thing I don’t have any cravings for a Hofner :joy:

2 Likes

I’m really impressed with how good that Ibanez sounded!

6 Likes

Hofners have their stinging moments. And most all of them are Beatles tunes. Lol

4 Likes

This was interesting, but no mention was made that the basses were set to flat or fully open tone settings.

Assuming that were the case, the basses obviously had very different voices.

The Fender P sounded like a Fender P. No surprise there. Personally, I liked it much better than the Jazz, which didn’t hit me at all. YMMV

There were many in the queue that were a hard pass for me, including some faves of others.

Goes to show that there are bass voice options for every pair of ears.

5 Likes

It’s an interesting quick comparison.
A. The cheapest bass Ibanez sounded pretty good. I’d have no problem playing that.
B. The Mexican Fender P sounded lovely
C. My wallet is happy because I really didn’t like the Dingwall sound.
D. I liked the pickups in the American Vintage II Jazz bass, I wonder if they’ll eventually sell them separately?

3 Likes

Wow totally agree

SR’s are fantastic! Love the rich double-buck goodness.

Of course so was that trashy sounding Epiphone that came next (double humbucker that is), but that’s just Ibanez vs Epiphone quality.

Other takes:

Sire D5 sounded ok but needed a setup bad.

Sire VSR was not my jam.

Hofner - for some reason that one did not sound good to me.

P-bass - Sounded great, like a P-bass.

Dingwall sounded amazing as you would expect; both thick rich lows and clear highs. Awesome.

Fender J was not bad.

T-Bird sounded amazing until the chords which were very muddy.

Streamette was the weakest sounding Warwick I have heard in a while, weird.

And finally, nice to see Lee doing a demo.

5 Likes

Really? I thought the Dingwall sounded absolutely amazing compared to the rest. Those chords were lucious!

I assumed the new vintage series would sound a bit warmer than a modern Fender J but that was not really the case. Still not bad.

Sounded like a synth bass lol

5 Likes

I just realised I am sitting here playing Anarchy in the UK on a “Beatle” bass wearing a Pink Floyd shirt- is that allowed?

6 Likes

My D5 sounded way better even before I changed the pickup. I don’t know what they did with the tone

5 Likes

Yeah but I’ve got hearing loss, so we won’t hear that bass the same way. The first part of the riff sounded clangy and thin to me. It’s not important but my wallet is happy.

4 Likes

Exactly what I thought.

3 Likes