A little music related fun

All fun aside, I thought it was useful to interiorize the time signatures!

9 Likes

Oh yeah that and overblowing - these are things she never got taught in orchestra practice…

3 Likes

and stand on one leg while doing so.

10 Likes

I’ll have to get her that costume too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When I hit a wrong note I give a little howl just like this guy.

9 Likes

That was great, @Barney . . . . :rofl:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh . . .

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes
6 Likes

I think the best part was looking at this one and wondering why it had a trapeze tailpiece… then realizing it was two whammy bars. :laughing:

6 Likes

Don’t practice this one too long, you should rest a lot in between

4 Likes

Had me going for a minute with that LeftyFretz Fender stuff! Good one, @howard!

5 Likes

OMG, those headstocks, can’t tell if I hate them or love them like an ugly mutt.

1 Like

I also like the way the Jazz bass looks symmetrically then normally.

2 Likes

So - like a P-bass then? Me too :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, but I actually think that symmetrical is a little different then the P (and not on the bottom ear, of course it is different there), it is just has sexier curves IMO. a little more where you want it, and a little less where you don’t want it, like T&A

2 Likes

But that off center shape that looks like it is leaning over like the leaning tower, but like is is sagging like bean bags or something if you can understand that visual. I mean looking at the bass when it is standing headstock up, from that view.
Thats what kills the J for me, which is weird, cuz I like the Dimension from the front, but the shape from the back, with no pickguard (to put things back into visual proportion, like a corset, I guess, since I already went in that direction once) is really funky, like a MM turned into a J with the body offset. weird, but people see the front when you play it, so I can still jive with it…

2 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes

I love that guy’s channel.

5 Likes

There are light bulb moments in everyone’s life when suddenly for a time things become a little clearer and focused. I never played an instrument all my adult life. I was idly watching a music documentary and Mark Knopfler was on talking about playing; he said something which caused a switch to be turned on in my head.
Whilst holding a guitar he said ‘It’s a friend to you all your life’.
The next day I bought my first guitar at age 47 and at 49 I got my first Bass. So it’s not a Bass video per se but it’s music related. Perfect Sunday morning fare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG__SwkV3wg

4 Likes

LOL I was about to post this one too @Noisembryo . It gets absolutely mental at the end. :joy:

3 Likes

Interview with Pino Palladino (The Guardian)

7 Likes