A little music related fun

4 Likes

In 2022 Gibson sued Dean for infringement, and won, for Dean using the Flying V and SG and a couple other designs, however the court ruled that Gibson delayed too long to assert its rights and caused Dean undue harm, and awarded Gibson a grand total of $4,000 damages, which doesn’t even pay the lawyers bar tab.

Then the judge tossed a motion that Dean stop advertising it’s designs saying everything was settled. So they’re even more inept than you think. And it’s not as protected as you think in the US

2 Likes

that’s a mighty low bar

2 Likes

IMG_7204

6 Likes

I think it’s absolutely hilarious that schecter uses the inverse

3 Likes

…and still looks like a book :rofl:

3 Likes

If you need a distraction, click here → Can’t Get It Out Of My Head

3 Likes

It’s a good tune @Frank_Beard but I always thought it needed a bass line.

2 Likes

Oh man, love me some C4 Countdown!

1 Like

My wife and I’s music tastes are wildly different, so when we drive anywhere I keep a few playlists that we can both not hate. We were playing an 80s rock one last night on our way to dinner when this came on. I don’t know that I had heard this song in 20 years.

1 Like

As if you needed an advert to get kids playing music then this is it. Super solid cover of @Frank_Beard’s favourite song.

3 Likes

The original version was important and had to happen, because it led to the Laibach cover version.

5 Likes

Lol. I don’t actually have a high opinion of pop music from when I was 12, and a glance back at the billboard top 100 that year supports that the quality was very meh.

3 Likes

Me either but I always hated pop, even as a preteen. At 12 I was a metalhead :rofl:

Honestly I think the pop now is light years better than the average in the '80s, and that the '80s were better than the '70s there.

3 Likes

8 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Just watching the CCR documentary on Netflix.

Fun fact - Before they were called CCR they chose the oh so very racist name (unbeknownst to them apparently) The Golliwogs!

GW

2 Likes

they look like insurance salesmen

5 Likes