A little music related fun

That was my first reasoning… Told hubs I was fed up of changing tuning four times a night when going through my practice list.

He wasn’t buying it… especially not for the gorgeous purple dingwall I got my eyeballs on.

Now this might be the trick… Of course now I have all my recording gear in and I’m playing with headphones on and no amp so they can’t hear anything but my bad singing with nothing to drown it out. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

I want a pedal board made entirely of different tone woods.
And one pedal that is just a massive chunk of lead for that high-mass-bridge tone.
And one pedal that is just a long, beautifully crafted, striped neck-through bass.

I think this is hilarious and want it to keep going.
Further.

4 Likes

To those who are convinced that tone wood doesn’t matter, surprise: it doesn’t. To those who hold an opposing opinion, it does matter, to some degree.

Whether there ever will be empirical proof of tone wood’s sonic effects on a bass’s tone, positively or not, it very likely won’t change anyone’s mind.

Humans gonna human.

3 Likes

did you watch it?

you should watch it. it’s short.

4 Likes

Don’t want to start a huge discussion here, cause I don’t care about wood, but: if wood does not matter, than semi hollow should also not sound differerent from solid body, right? From the POV of strings and pickups it’s just the material connecting it!?

Just a thought…

2 Likes

This tone wood topic has been cussed and discussed to death and back, here and everywhere else folks have an opinion and an Internet connection. This horse has been mercilessly flogged and it is dead. It is an ex-equine. :skull_and_crossbones: :horse:

4 Likes

I’m glad about this!

2 Likes

Nah, it’s resting.

4 Likes

I knew this was going to happen. Ok do the whole sketch :rofl:

3 Likes

I am not participating this time. Still recovering from the bridge/sustain and nut width discussions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone wanna talk about picks?

2 Likes

Hahaha, don’t ask that when in Holland :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Also, at about the 2:30 mark, there is an interesting bit about guitar tone.)

1 Like

Orange tortex. It’s good enough for nolly and Mark hoppus, it’s good enough for me.

3 Likes

More of a green guy, myself. Stiff enough for the E and A strings with just enough flex to them. I’ll go heavier if I’m playing something more aggressive.

3 Likes

I thought it was funny…

4 Likes

So you are the 2nd buyer on reverb !
I was 1st :)-

2 Likes

Not guilty, promise.

My new bass threats are mostly empty. Mostly… :rofl:

3 Likes

A superior way to play. I can discuss this all day.

3 Likes