A little music related fun

Fun Davey video.
I learned a way to play Billie Jean correctly by watching.
I had always tried to use my thumb to wrap around like I have seen on other videos, but to use my index finger and play it as an octave never even crossed my mind. Now it does. Back to practicing Billie Jean, the hard way now.

https://youtu.be/TNhwaJalHE0

3 Likes

Now I know what to do with my synth pedal!

2 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this (the whole video is interesting and not just funny), but just watch the first 10 seconds and have a little smile on your face the rest of the day :smile:

7 Likes

12 Likes

You never heard of Warwick Bass Camps before?
It’s been running for a few years… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Nope, Never heard it til that video.

5 Likes

Now you know, you can find several video’s about the camp. It been at least 6 or 7 years ago when they started. It’s been my tricker to start playing again :shushing_face::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

This is something like a built-in version of the “Guitar Wing” midi control by Livid Instruments (no longer sold), but on steroids. I tend to think that the more electronic “extras” built in to a bass (or any other electrical item), the more chance of something going wrong with it.

Kudos to Rob O’Reilly for creating it, though! It is a wonder.

4 Likes

12 Likes

A Dutch podcast (which is all about bass) had a nice interview with Pino Palladino. I thought I share it here too. It’s usually in Dutch. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Tag Al @Al1885 for that one. I know he has created some Pino Palladino inspired Squire basses, so I am guessing he is a fan.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan. The dude is so legendary but yet he appears so down to earth. I’d love to have a beer with him and I don’t even drink beer, lol

3 Likes

14 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

:smiley_cat: :rofl:

6 Likes

19 Likes

Oh Les, gotta love him.

“as I stand here in the shower singing opera and such,
Pondering the possibility that I pull the pud too much”
----Grandpa’s little diddy—Sailing the seas of cheese

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

10 Likes

I found this to be pretty interesting to watch.
The main. Idea is part of Sweetwater GearFest, but it’s an 8 hour broadcast, this video breaks out the interesting talk, interview sort of, several guitar techs, about time off, and what to expect win 2022 when every band on the planet decides to tour at the same time.

https://youtu.be/gNwee1p9hsU

4 Likes