A little music related fun

sorry :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Reminds me of the only pin/patch I really want because I’m not one that’s much into battle jackets.

6 Likes

Go Debbie, :grin:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

did I buy a music man mug? yes, yes I did.

did I buy it and have it shipped to me from England because they aren’t available here?

umm… yes. yes I did.

14 Likes

That’s awesome!

5 Likes

:grin:

6 Likes

I mean, at this point, they should just give you one.

4 Likes

John and Paul, Peter Max like lol

5 Likes

hah right?

5 Likes

LOL.

Glenn comes full circle on drum samples, from ranting about hating them to releasing his own.

4 Likes

It was already funny when Glenn talked Henning Pauly (EytschPi42) into releasing his own drum software. https://www.spectredigital.com/complete-drum-programming/

4 Likes

Sweet. I want one.

Yeah, I think I am deserving of this too.

8 Likes

You they should just put on the payroll :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So, Tonight, I went to

THE WORLD FAMOUS

And saw the FIRST POST COVID show.

We got there late, as we didnt really plan to go to a show tonight, we were out doing other things, and head over around 10pm, getting in a lil before 11, to see the 2nd to last band, called CEAIC SHACK.
ONLY SAW A COVER OF “Time Warp” (Rocky horror), but the bassist was on a double bass with a sick ass Mark Bass single 15 cab with a Mark Bass head (i did not get a chance to identify model) playing only thru an MXR 10 band EQ.
He had a sweet looking Fender P foo, but didnt see him play it.

Next was a duo of twins called “Twin something or other, cant recall the name.

They were pretty good, but I was a little bummed that the only full set I saw, didnt have a bass player.
They were pretty good tho.
Kind of pop Punk /Rock / misc, a little sublime without the reggae and Ska, more like some Sublime punk covers.

Not the greatest show ever, and not a big turn out (Thursday night, with no bigger name bands), but, man it was nice to hear some live music pulsating thru my head and body, so even if it would not have been a show I would have chosen to spend time to go see, in a normal world with normal schedules, It was worth it and I had fun with a couple good buddies of mine.

Another fun fact of the evening. I am Sober, my other buddy is Sober accept he has meds he has to take due to a TBI, with a plate in his head, and if he is not a little loopy on higher doses of anxiety meds, he can have severe seizures. So he is Sober, but at times you would think he is not.
But tognther tonight, we were both stome cold Soner.

My other buddy, great friend, tattoo artist (we were supposed to be tattooing all night, when so e plans changed, which led us to the show) was drinking, his normal, semi heavy, but manageable, so all was good, or you would expect it to be good.

Funny part was when he started tripping balls off tao hits of acid he got from one of the friends at the house that we were supposed to be set up for tattoos most of the night.

When that fell thru, and he couldn’t do the tattoos there, apparently, he decided to get the acid. And dropped it, kind of on a whim.

Being sober for a good while, I find drunk people funny, and now I know people baking their balls off are pretty funny too.

Anyway, this was a fun night, the kind you set out to do a couple of things, and those couple of things turn into something completely different.
Guess it is kind of like the movie “The hang over” but where the ones looking for the missing guy didn’t get trashed, and the missing guy, was in a 3rd dimension.

But since it was fun, and Music related, I figured this a good thread to post in.

Maybe if more start going to concerts now that some places are opening back up, there could be a thread about live shows (especially first ones you have gone to after Covid.
And if agreed to that, maybe @JoshFossgreen can turn this post into a new thread about live shows back after Covid.

Or leave it here with the rest of the fun. I dont mind either way.

7 Likes

This is an interesting term people keep using.
Cases are higher than ever, how are we post Covid?
Be safe people, it ain’t over yet.

8 Likes

Yeah - Tokyo just set another record for new cases today.

I just got my second shot two days ago and the country is only up to like 30% vaccinated so far.

Lots of countries have very little vaccine supply.

A vocal minority in the US still doesn’t take it seriously, and it has somehow turned into the dumbest political issue of all time in several countries, which when you think about it is pretty impressive on its own.

This is pretty far from over.

6 Likes

is it an availability issue or a cultural issue there? i have heard both?

5 Likes

It’s a sad pathetic mess.

Not so much availability (Japan is actually donating vaccine to countries without it), but a huge, pathetic beaurocratic tour de force that led to a ridiculously complicated rollout, delayed way beyond reason. You can only be vaccinated by doctors and nurses in specific facilities, after the government mails you a vaccine coupon to take to them.

There’s a cultural issue too - it’s not that people are anti-vax here, but more that they are vaccine-wary due to two separate high profile corporate f*ckups in the '80-90s that produced bacterially contaminated vaccine batches.

The backlog to try and make vaccine appointments, due to the beaurocratic snafu, is crazy. There’s no appointments available now even if you have your coupons.

6 Likes

hmm sad. but interesting. sorry my curiosity got me, back to your regularly scheduled music related fun.

5 Likes

No worries, I should stop ranting too - hot topic for me, sorry :slight_smile:

5 Likes