Acceptable Pizza Toppings: Discuss

It’s seriously really good. If you can find a place that makes them I really recommend trying one.

2 Likes

Where did you go when you were in Chicago? Just like anywhere else, there’s good and not so good. We locals know all the best places for pizza.

3 Likes

I :heart: New Zealand.

2 Likes

Being a native Texan, I’m a taco aficionado. I’d like to try a good taco pizza. Strictly for scientific purposes, of course. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Which are the best Chicago joints, Pam? I did a search when I was there, but many of the hot places were packed.

2 Likes

Now that’s just nasty.

1 Like

I’m down for pretty much anything on a pizza…

…except anchovies.

Blech.

Other than that, though, it’s all good.

3 Likes

Weirdly when I was in Chicago I didn’t get pizza. I’ve had Chicago style in lots of other places though, both good and not so authentic. I really like it but can’t reconcile the really good ones (especially double-crust) with being pizza. The most authentic I have had is probably Zachary’s in Berkeley:

There’s even a good Chicago-style chain here:

https://en.devilcraft.jp/

I still think my favorite Chicago food is to just grab an Italian Beef.

2 Likes

I’m not good with anchovies. I figure there’s just more for anyone who likes ‘em.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I like them on their own but really, really dislike seafood of any kind on pizza.

3 Likes

No. Just no. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Yeah! That’s the stuff :rofl:

2 Likes

We had a hot dog place back home that made pizza dogs. Hot dog, sauce and cheese toasted under a salamander, that was also yummy.

Connecticut when I grew up had a lot of foodie hot dog stands, where the dogs were custom made with that stand’s blend of spices. Great food.

We also had, and I believe they’re still open, Pepe Frank’s pizza, long in an argument for being the first pizza in the US. Fantastic pizza, sliced mozzarella and wood fired ovens before it was a thing. They’ve been doing it a century.

5 Likes

Thats how you know you found the right place :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Seriously, it’s good. Refried beans as sauce, taco toppings, enchilada sauce or salsa on it too, mmm.

2 Likes

Taco pizza is better than the sun of it’s parts

2 Likes

@howard you haven’t had a Chicago pizza if you didn’t have it in Chicago. Sorry.

2 Likes

Just no

1 Like

I’ve had my say on the pizza topic. I’m going back to practicing bass.
Have fun!

1 Like