Acceptable Pizza Toppings: Discuss

I"ll second @PamPurrs on Chicago-style being best pizza version - although others can be really really good. Last time I was downtown I grabbed lunch at Labriola Cafe on East Grand an it was a great pie. But a Chicago-style hot dog with “the full salad” is what I usually grab downtown - because it’s quick. Biggest problem with deep dish is the 45-60 minute wait.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I wasn’t in town long enough to ever get in. UNO’s was packed but doable.

I’m definitely a foodie and I loved everywhere we ate in Chicago.

1 Like

Isn’t that basically all Neapolitan pizza? Like, hasn’t Naples been doing it since antiquity?

Neapolitan pizza is syper popular here, with some world class restaurants. Like, with Michelin ratings of Bib Gourmand or higher. One in my 'hood is fantastic.

2 Likes

If course you have Naplitan spaghetti with sauce made from ketchup over there

1 Like

Ahh, Saizeriya. Horrible chain :slight_smile:

Just like anything, there’s the good and the bad. But the Neapolitan pizza thing is serious, kicked off by a small group of Italian expat pizza chefs, got wildly popular, they trained the locals, and now there’s a horde of D.O.C. certified Japanese Neapolitan pizza places :rofl:

1 Like

Pam, if you live in Phoenix and you haven’t been to Chris Biancos place you are really missing out. Dude is gonna be really busy since Netflix just recently featured him. He is basically a pizza Yoda, but it’s not Chicago style pizza.

3 Likes

Apparently it’s a popular home dish at least in Kyoto. I watch a Japanese home cooking channel and Naplitan is one of their recipes

1 Like

Sing it sister…

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure - there’s just this one exceptionally cheap italian family dining chain, Saizeriya, that’s famous for it. It’s… not good.

Apparently the Napolitan spaghetti came from Yokohama. You can get it all over.

No peppers, no anchovies, no olives. But then, I’ve eaten pizza from McDonald’s so what do I know?

1 Like

I have questions.

6 Likes

I’m down for these wild meal mashup pizzas, but not loaded baked potato pizza. Starch doesn’t belong on top of bread

1 Like

Salamander kitchen style

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

i read a book and the main character’s obsession is thin crust pizza with bacon and sour cream. pretty damn tasty actually :yum:

3 Likes

i have yet to figure out why they haven’t come up with a home version of a salamander for some of these high end kitchens

3 Likes

while i did not enjoy living in baltimore, the one thing i loved was the clam & bacon pizza at Joe Squared. truly an excellent pizza. i think even @howard would be convinced.

1 Like

I just had a Popeye pizza: mushrooms, spinach, Canadian bacon, and roasted garlic.

Also, added Italian sausage and jalapeños.

Yes.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

See? Every day I learn something new on the BassBuzz forum!

2 Likes