Acceptable Pizza Toppings: Discuss

two things about chicago pizza:

1. never argue about chicago deep dish vs. thin crust/new york/neopolitan/whatever. it’s a bullshit argument. they are literally two different things and it’s perfectly acceptable to like both.
  2. most people these days say the best deep dish around is one of the burt katz variants, ie burt’s place or pequods. it is my fave but buyer beware: a lot of people dislike it. it is a little different then the norm, it has that whole “burnt edges” thing going on.
4 Likes

We’ll possibly make it two things.

Salamanders in ancient monster mythology breathed fire. The lizards are named after them.

Or possibly radiated fire. my Greek mythology is from high school

1 Like

Fixed it.

4 Likes

Some very strong opinions here…

I go by the flavor rule… does it taste good? Yes? Then that’s all that matters.

I do it all: carbs on carbs, pineapple on pizza, dessert pizza, sweet & spicy, Asian stylings, upscale Italian types, and of course the thick Detroit Style.

Just have a gander at my website or IG page and you’ll see I’m not afraid to mess around with all the things related to pizza.

3 Likes

Everglades pizza: Python, gator, and frog leg toppings!

Yum, Yum, Yum :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Seriously? I would die of hunger (fetal position, clutching my basses).

2 Likes

And thus your @cheeze_pizza name!

1 Like

Black Olives all the way !

2 Likes

Sounds…interesting.

Let me count the ways I would say fuck no to this…

3 Likes

I may never eat pizza again.

2 Likes

i have no issues with this.

2 Likes

I’ve tried all of these and they’re pretty meh

Roadkill Pizza - Serving it fresh since right after rush hour

2 Likes

Artichokes
Roasted red peppers
Portobello mushrooms
Pine nuts
Crushed red pepper
Fresh basil

2 Likes

Pepperoni
Cheese
Sauce
Crust

The four basic food groups in a balanced diet, meat, dairy, veggies, grain. Health food

4 Likes

A supermarket in the UK used to do tuna and sweetcorn pizza, could never bring myself to actually try it though

2 Likes

Pizza as an entrée I’m game with just about any crazy topping including, yes anchovies.

Oh! Peach. No peach please. Yuck! Lol.

Pizza as an appetizer, however I’m partial to duck. We make pizza at home from time to time, it’s difficult to make dough for just 2 maybe 3 pizzas luckily I learned after a few times we made focaccia with the remaining dough, lol.

3 Likes

Pineapple is a definite yes, though I’m Australian and it’s not as big a deal here. Hawaiian pizza (ham, pineapple, cheese) is a staple on every pizza restaurant menu here :slight_smile:

As for best toppings, my current favourite is a cheeseburger style. There’s a pizza chain where I live and one of their plant based options has a vegan ground beef, onion, pickles, cherry tomatoes and one of those cheeseburger style (vegan) cheese sauces. So so good.

I visited the US in the 90s and a friend took me to a pizza place in a food court/mall. Growing up in Australia watching American tv, all I ever heard of was pepperoni pizza. So I said to my American friend I just want a slice of pepperoni pizza. The single slice was massive, probably three times the size of buying a single slice back home for the same price too. I savoured that pizza slice and when I came back home I started ordering pizzas with salami as toppings (pepperoni pizza wasn’t a thing here, as a standard menu item).

Now I prefer those more gourmet type pizzas but I still go for the (vegan) salami/pepperoni options, mainly with something like marinated eggplant, pesto and whatever non dairy cheese works best.

That one is common here too yeah.

These are good but I finally decided that I am just not down with ketchup and mustard on pizza. But otherwise they are tasty and a nice change.

Sounded like Sbarro’s from the description :rofl:

Massive guilty pleasure there. Not gonna win any gourmet awards but when it’s what you need, it’s what you need.

You know what is surprisingly good? Costco pizza. It has no business being that good for that price. Not mindblowing but really a pretty solid tasting huge pizza. Could use some work on the sauce though, a little bland.

1 Like