:rofl:

1 Like

I get that. I do that with a few sites.

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Oh snap! Poor Scotty :rofl:

2 Likes

Scott seems great outside of a teaching context. I would have a hard time with his style in a lesson setting though.

2 Likes

I’d love to have some brews and blunt with the guy, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we had Scott all wrong. I am now on the Players Path and have found the lessons he gives to be super informative, not excessively chatty, and along with the workbook for each lesson and the song charts in both tab and standard notation, I am picking up knowledge quicker than I thought possible. He has several parts per piece. A video run-through, players tips, a run through with tab and audio, a looper and a backing track with no bass. I think the chattiness comes from just listening to his youtube videos. When teaching, he is great at it. And he does not try to show off during the individual lessons. He shows you the fingerings, talks about the rhythm values and really gets into the mechanics of fingering specific parts. I am about to start on his theory course and do it in tandem with his Pathways course. I really made a mistake when I first dissed his courses. He really is good and knows his shit. Also, he has a forum as well with several members of his staff that can gently guide you along the way.

7 Likes

That’s excellent to hear.

1 Like

That’s very cool, @EddieJones. I’m glad it’s working out so well. :+1:

3 Likes

To each his/her own

4 Likes

Really glad I went back and did a deep dive into the lessons. He is a really personable guy in his teaching style. A little less playful than Josh but a little more playful than Mark at TalkingBass. Very easy to see why he is a popular teacher. And to think I initially wrote him off as a blowhard.

4 Likes

I can see years and years of learning on his site. Everything in the world, different styles, etc… All under one roof.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re happy with SBL and get loads of value out of it. My opinion, however, remains intact.

4 Likes

I’m with you. Different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

As you said, “To each his own”

3 Likes

@EddieJones glad to hear your happy with with it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Good ad.

3 Likes

Volkswagen always had the most clever print ads when I was growing up

3 Likes