Ahhhh... wounded

Middle, Ring fingeruntil you heal.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! Heal soon.

1 Like

Noooo! Not the money maker!

Damn man!!!

Soak it “in-cider”… Always works for me…

1 Like

This could be your Tony Iommi / Django Reinhardt moment! How you adjusted your technique to play with a finger obstacle! Seize the moment!!

4 Likes

sounds like a fine time for…

4 Likes

Yes, pick. Splendid idea! This little accident could be the genisis of a great bass pick player.

3 Likes

I have a lot to learn with picking…but great idea. No time like the present!

2 Likes

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, arguably the greatest rock flutists of all time, when asked why he chose to play the flute:

“As a child in the used musical instrument store, the only thing I could afford was an old flute, so I bought it and learned to play”

The rest is history…

An example of how circumstances can mold your future.

Of course, I had to include a video :wink:

4 Likes

Not-arguably the greatest guitar player of all time wanted to play the saxophone. But his dad couldn’t afford a sax (they were, and still are, prohibitively expensive). So at age sixteen, he started to dabble on a guitar.

The rest is history.

1 Like

Who might that be?

1 Like

It can only be AH, as far as Peter is concerned :grin:

1 Like

LOL, and the riddle continues… (who is AH? :thinking:)

1 Like

:smile:

4 Likes

Agree with what you are saying about circumstance, but in my brain “rock” and “flutist” do not belong together. :upside_down_face:

That being said, I love it when rock bands have a string section. I tend to not be into brass much, but some genres it shines in, like funk, jazz, etc.

For what it’s worth, I played flute when I was 12. :smile:

4 Likes

Or, you know, metal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, of course! One of my favorites is Metallica with a string section.

Electric Light Orchestra

1 Like

Ah, Frankfurt. With Gary Novak, and the late Dave Carpenter on bass – to whom Allan once said “I swear I’m gonna get you a one-string bass sometime!”

Dave died way too early.

1 Like

This might sound more familiar for you:

Note the guitar bit starting at 3:00. Bill Bruford, who did the drumming on that track, remembers that solo as a highlight in his career.

1 Like