Ahhhh... wounded

Damn… was pulling a hot baking sheet out of oven today and burned the crap out of my index finger on my plucking hand…

So much for mastering all of Beginner to BadAss during this self-isolation :frowning:

6 Likes

Middle, Ring fingeruntil you heal.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! Heal soon.

1 Like

Noooo! Not the money maker!

Damn man!!!

Soak it “in-cider”… Always works for me…

1 Like

This could be your Tony Iommi / Django Reinhardt moment! How you adjusted your technique to play with a finger obstacle! Seize the moment!!

4 Likes

sounds like a fine time for…

4 Likes

Yes, pick. Splendid idea! This little accident could be the genisis of a great bass pick player.

3 Likes

I have a lot to learn with picking…but great idea. No time like the present!

2 Likes

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, arguably the greatest rock flutists of all time, when asked why he chose to play the flute:

“As a child in the used musical instrument store, the only thing I could afford was an old flute, so I bought it and learned to play”

The rest is history…

An example of how circumstances can mold your future.

Of course, I had to include a video :wink:

4 Likes

Not-arguably the greatest guitar player of all time wanted to play the saxophone. But his dad couldn’t afford a sax (they were, and still are, prohibitively expensive). So at age sixteen, he started to dabble on a guitar.

The rest is history.

1 Like

Who might that be?

1 Like

It can only be AH, as far as Peter is concerned :grin:

1 Like

LOL, and the riddle continues… (who is AH? :thinking:)

1 Like

:smile:

4 Likes

Agree with what you are saying about circumstance, but in my brain “rock” and “flutist” do not belong together. :upside_down_face:

That being said, I love it when rock bands have a string section. I tend to not be into brass much, but some genres it shines in, like funk, jazz, etc.

For what it’s worth, I played flute when I was 12. :smile:

4 Likes

Or, you know, metal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, of course! One of my favorites is Metallica with a string section.

Electric Light Orchestra

1 Like

Ah, Frankfurt. With Gary Novak, and the late Dave Carpenter on bass – to whom Allan once said “I swear I’m gonna get you a one-string bass sometime!”

Dave died way too early.

1 Like