All Things Midi Including Controllers

This little thing is amazing. Finally managed to get GarageBand to see the Analog Lab vst’s by reinstalling it and creating some simple loops. Ridiculous fun for just over $100.
Right, bed at a sensible time tonight :wink:

3 Likes

Nice monitors, I almost went with those (at 5") myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://vital.audio/ … it’s free and quite powerful
Helm is good, but it’s too cookie-cutter for my taste.
TAL does great free things.

And there’s a free version of modular system from Cherry audio called Voltage Modular Nucleus. It’s fun if someone wants to understand what these synthetizers are all about. In comparison with free VCV rack it’s really intuitive and a lot of fun. (But be vary, after trying Nucleus I had to buy full version with a few module packs, and it’s not cheap then.)

The only effective way how to handle warez from the side of a developer is to pay these pirating groups. Rockstar entertainment paid to the most prolific warez groups to not release Red Dead Redemption 2 crack for a year. And for a year, there was no crack anywhere. :smiley:

Vital looks really good!

1 Like

This is how Arturia plugin Pigments look like. Most stuff is really intuitive!

2 Likes

Is that part of the software I got with my Aturia?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

@PamPurrs no I don’t think so, but you got the Analog Lab (Intro) one for sure. Which looks like this. So much fun going through all the different instruments

1 Like

They really did a good job with the Pigments UI. It’s gorgeous and simple. In motion I think it might be the best looking synth VST.

3 Likes

Oh apparently they added 23 presets from Pigment too in Analog Lab.

Also Prophet 5 BBBBOOOOOOINGGGGGGG

1 Like

LOL okay… so where does it come from?

1 Like

You buy it from Arturia. It’s in Software Center if you want it! I think it’s $199 right now.

I’d buy it from PluginBoutique on sale if I were you. it goes on sale for about $99, usually.

1 Like

Think I bought it for $45 on sales, you usually get extra discount if you own Arturia products.

1 Like

A little pricey for something I’d probably only use for jollies, but thanks.

1 Like

You probably shouldn’t look at Omnisphere then :slight_smile:

But basically no one buys plugins for full price. Sales are frequent.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve played around with it and made some cool sounds with it. But I don’t see any practical use for it. As far as I can see, there isn’t even a way to record any of them in Reaper if I wanted to.

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

You don’t record synth plugin audio output in the DAW :slight_smile:

You add them as virtual instruments to tracks and program them with MIDI. They generate the sound while the track is playing.