All Things Midi Including Controllers

So, Pam … can’t touch that keyboard?

2 Likes

Pretty close… I guess the weighted keys add some weight to it as well.

Hammer 88 = 38.5 lbs.
Arturia Essential 49 = 6.6 lbs.

2 Likes

The Essential is really small and light even compared to its peers. The MkII’s are a lot heavier.

1 Like

MKII 88 = 32.4 lbs.

1 Like

40 pounds … lol … 20 kilos … my 61 keyboard with all the bells and whistles weight half of that. Well, trully a beast of a keyboard. I just hope you will be happy with this one, so you don’t have to move it as it is so heavy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah mine’s 7kg.

2 Likes

Good thing you went for a double braced stand. Altho a single can still take about 90 lbs but could have been wobbly with a bigger keyboard.

Mine’s about 10kg but only 49 keys.

2 Likes

I used to use a multitier straight-arm that theoretically was good for up to 100kg. Serious overkill and I actually prefer the folding X or Z style for single keyboards.

2 Likes

If you want something sturdy, you should get whatever the guy from Gravity Kills is using.

2 Likes

Things like this crack me up. Love it.

The dirty little secret is that being a keyboardist live isn’t very visually impressive. (“Live techno sucks!”, as the t-shirt used to read :slight_smile: )

So some people really try and put on a show like this and I love to see people rock out like that. Love that stand.

I always really liked what Orbital did for this. Just wear the headlights and bop around in the dark on stage.

And focus on the light show :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP8WAty7uqs&ab_channel=RolfGanter

2 Likes

I’ve seen Orbital a few times live. Waaaaaay back!

1 Like

So good for that kind of show. Underworld was similar.

1 Like

Underworld <3 … damn already 12 years, but their live shows are absolutely insane

btw. sorry for “spamming” … having quite painful day, so just laying in bed and commenting accross community forums

3 Likes

One of my favorite bands of all time. I’ll never forget the first time I heard Cowgirl or Rez drop.

Nothing to apologize for!

2 Likes

Indeed. Moby used to throw his keyboard across the stage in a fit of rage just so he looked interesting for a minute onstage.

2 Likes

Think Underworld was the time when I also started to listen to Moby, Leftfield, Cassius, Fatboy Slim, Aphex Twin, Photek, etc. Don’t get me started on Drum 'n bass :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The '90s were a great time for this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn you! I connected my old HDD with DnB, House and Jungle from the times I was 15 and so much memories … So, with the amount of painkillers I have now, I am considering to get high like it’s 90s once again and create some electronic cacophony! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hah :slight_smile:

Careful or you’ll run up a huge bill ordering behringer synth clones while wasted.

3 Likes