All Things Midi Including Controllers

Yeah I like it too. I’m hoping it will still work with my new keyboard that’s coming today :truck:

2 Likes

It will! It just won’t have the tight integration the Arturia ones have with it on the KeyLabs.

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean?

1 Like

The KeyLab controllers have an entire separate mode for Analog Lab that maps the faders, buttons and knobs automatically to various things in Analog Lab. If you never used it you won’t miss it.

1 Like

Nope, never used them and won’t miss them.

It used to be possible to modify the patches in Analog Lab without owning the synths. You had to fight with the UI a bit (It reset to default position view after a while.), but simple synths were fully editable without any issue.

Nonetheless, I am not surprised or angry that they’ve changed the software to work like it works now. It makes absolute sense.

2 Likes

oh, its a 49 not a 61, now totally not worth the trip.
phew

2 Likes

The 49’s are $500 new :slight_smile:

1 Like

@howard
Looking into the ‘B3’ thing more, folks are reco’ing motorized faders and rotary encoder knobs (not exactly sure why, presets?).
In that vein, can you reco a better or better for the money version of the one below that has at min 9 faders (needed for the 9 drawbars).
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XTouchC--behringer-by-touch-compact?irgwc=1&utm_source=Impact&utm_medium=Gearspace.com+LTD&utm_campaign=&irclickid=VtsWaG0-PxyLRG5wUx0Mo38PUkBT4yRdW3cRWo0

All that said, at some point the all in one keyboard unit starts to make more sense, etc as well, still tossing about options. hell, I could actually play through my YDS-150 electronic sax if i really wanted to.

And on the other side of the spectrum, what about something like this if I am just using with my Yammy P-45 and Abelton?

2 Likes

Bigger boat
I just got the M-Audio Hammer 88 and, OMG it’s so BIG and so HEAVY. I guess I should have known; but holy keyboard, Batman, I’m gonna need a bigger studio.
Oddly, it works with some of the Arturia Analog V stuff, but not all of them; and only from within Reaper, not from the actual app. That’s something I’ll have to try to figure out as I go along.

Oh, and I love the feel of these fully weighted keys. It feels just like an acoustic piano to my touch.

3 Likes

Ok folks, place bets on dates of when this puppy gets ousted for the next one. Hurry up, dates go fast! :innocent:

3 Likes

Tune in to the Multiple Keyboard Disorder thread for updates and to collect your winnings.

2 Likes

I don’t know too much about motorized faders on consumer level gear other than that they are usually a premium feature and I am surprised Behringer has an inexpensive offering with them. Cool.

The standalone controllers like the SubZero are a great choice. I’d probably recommend something from Akai (like the MIDIMix), Korg (NanoKontrol?), or Novation over the SubZero - but that’s just by reputation, I don’t own them.

Most things with faders will have nine - eight tracks and a master are the usual mappings. Be aware that you will need to manually map these. That is one nice thing that Arturia provides with their AnalogLab integration I was mentioning earlier, but ofc that only works for AnalogLab :slight_smile:

Arturia’s software for MIDI controller mapping is easy to use. It’s also generally easy to do in DAWs. That is not always true for standalone products.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about this. Will mull it over, not high on the priority list. The last thing I need is to mix in piano with sax and bass. I stopped any keyboard stuff years ago. Now I just don’t have the time, even if I want to do it.

2 Likes

Nice keyboard Pam! They call those masterkeyboard for a reason :wink:

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Damn. 88 key keyboards looks really “majestic”. But the amount of space they take. :X Enjoy the beast!

1 Like

The 88 makes the 49 look like a dwarf! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

And I guess the weight is like 5 times more than the little one. More like elephant x antelope. :smiley:

1 Like

Hammer Time!

giphy

3 Likes