Amusing, entertaining, and educational

I haven’t watched this entire video yet, I only just started it but in case some of y’all don’t know who Cory Wong is, he is known as the principle / main guitarist from the band Vulfpeck. It seems that almost every member of that band play multiple instruments; they are all very talented. This particular video features Victor Wooten and Sonny T who played with Prince.

Check it out → Cory and The Wongnotes feat. Victor Wooten

4 Likes

That is very cool. A copious amount of badassery on display, for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah man the skits are funny and I like the big band stuff, and there is a really good interview with Victor Wooten in the middle.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been watching them for a while now. Each episode is really good.

This one for instance (apart from the fun bits) shows the creative process of building a song in the studio:

4 Likes

Yeah very cool stuff, definitely worth a subscribe on Youtube. I also subscribe to Vulfpeck’s vids. It’s great seeing these young guys making music, they’re all very talented, including Joe Dart (Vulfpeck’s bassist). I posted a good interview in here of an interview with him at Berklee School of Music. Interview with Joe Dart
It’s a pretty long interview but there’s some really good stuff in there.

4 Likes

Totally. Me to.
What those guys do on live shows is amazing.
Crowd singing Joe’s bass line here:

This short one is a jaw-dropping masterpiece for me (can’t stop bobbing my head):

3 Likes

@jacq, I so wish I had gone to see them at the Garden. I am born and raised in NYC and currently live in CT but am in NYC everyday for work. I won’t miss them (Vulfpeck) next time they play anywhere close.

3 Likes

Cross-linking, as there is another topic about Cory Wong’s Videos:

3 Likes

Ooh the humanity, that Sonny dude is slapping a funk tune upside down. Love the tone on the Joe Dart Jr bass.

3 Likes

These Cory Wong videos are awesome. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

@smurillo, no problem. That’s what our little community is all about. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Great players and performers, for sure.