Any good Bass Tab or sheet music websites out there?

I think you need to select instrument ( left side bar)

2 Likes

Aight I know you asked for 1to1 transcriptions of songs, but I’m gonna point you in a bit different direction.

As songs plays (youtube) you get to see how the chords change, and you can improvise over it if you know your chords tones.

Look for “official” tabs. Pro tabs won’t always have all the parts, you can filter by type>bass tab.

UGC has new tabs coming out every few days and they have official Tabs and other players takes on the songs which are hit and miss. Plus you can upvote for an official tab if there isn’t one.

1 Like

Interesting. Their free tabs are… mixed at best. I have corrected several on the site. Way below Songsterr’s free tab level. Might have to try their pro level in one of the sales.

Edit: Just saw I had an active 90% off offer so got it for $17/year.

Cool, the pro tabs are much better. Pretty similar to Songsterr’s free level but done by pros and not randos. I do like their “old” player better than the “new” player though. Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes

This I would do, just to see what they have. Looking at the site though, all that is available to me is their “autumn sale” at $65/yr (which they claim is $5/month, so math isn’t their strong suit :slight_smile: ). Supposedly, that’s 80% off, so I also don’t know how $17 is 10%, but $65 is 20% (again, math is hard?)… If you feel like it, let us know how the selection and variety is for bass…

1 Like

Yes their pricing is clearly BS. I got the “90%” offer for $17 via email, but if I just logged in to the site I got an “80%” discount for $45 (not $65) :rofl:

None of this adds up.

1 Like

Hiya Paula on the pro …once I click on a version…when you go to scroll down…on some of them…it will show the different instruments…them hover over them and it will have a separate scroll down and if the bass is there… click on that.
Some version are in EADG… just gotta keep trying the versions until you can find one that is pretty accurate.
I usually scroll down to read the comments… sometimes folk will give alternative tabs .
Hope this helps
Cuzzo :+1:

Heavy user of UG…good selection of ‘official’ tabs (i.e. tabbed by them), very good to learn songs, you can slow down and play looped sections, can iso the drums etc.

I would say however remember that it is ultimate guitar not ultimate bass so many of the tabs have small errors (either notes or odd fingerings etc) but they are still great
They are pretty happy to correct errors if they are pointed out too…I have found if it is a famous song or a famous bassline enough people will jump on the mistakes and you get a great tab, some of the more obscure songs have more rudimentary tabs with bits either missing or wrong which is annoying…as I said if you make the effort to tell them the mistakes they will fix them but you really want to play tabs not research their accuracy so that is a drawback

still worth the $ for me (but wait for one of their many huge price cut sales)