Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Ooh yeah pretty. Spector basses seem nice, I have limited experience with them but I’d like to try more.

6 Likes

I just got one of these JMJ Mustangs and they’re terrific. Super fun. I banged through the bass buzz class on a full scale and I’m a bit smaller in size. Now that I have a short scale to tinker around on it feels like I fly around the neck much more comfortably.

5 Likes

If my budget could take the hit I would love to try a status graphite. With the fretboard lights of course!

4 Likes

Oooh nice! I want to try one of those so badly!

YES that sounds so fun. Mark King licks all day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The local shop just got in a little short scale with flatwounds… It’s amazing!! Flats on a short scale sound PERFECT for 70s funk basslines.
I never liked flats because they were too tight… but on the little bitty short scale, they have more give, and they sound like they’re straight off a Herbie Hancock record.
The bass is a Hagstrom, and has tons of good-lookin’ vibe… a scratchy pot or two… but it was suuuuper groovy.

7 Likes

My dad worked for Spector In the 80s when they were in Brooklyn, he made a Ns1 in the shop and had it for many years , unfortunately he sold it around 2010 and I regret not buying it from him at the time . I always keep my eyes open for that bass I’m willing to overpay for it just to give it back to him as a surprise

8 Likes

If you have a picture consider posting it in the talk bass forums. They have a large Spector community that might be able to track down the current owner.

5 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Bought a new to me Squier 20th Anniversary Jazz Bass in Shoreline Gold today. Looked good, like the color & the price was good. Now to recover from rotator cuff surgery so I can start playing again.

9 Likes

Be on top of your PT. I did everything they told me, and I was at Milwaukee Brewers baseball fantasy camp 8 months later throwing baseballs for a week.

7 Likes

Roger. Maintenance and follow through. The hard part about being human. On it!

5 Likes

I’m seriously drooling over an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Special 4HH right now. I can hardly go a day without visiting sites and checking out all the color and neck options. It’s a far better bass than my meager playing can justify, but it will be added to my stable eventually. I was wanting a Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, but I think the Stingray has my mind swayed…

6 Likes

Yep.

Saving my pennies.

9 Likes

Love the metallic finish with the texture-y looking pickguard. So pretty.

3 Likes

Vox V210 Phantom IV Bass 1965

First of all it is my year and then I just loooove the look.
Did one of you guys ever play on one? I would love to hear if it’s worth the price.

3 Likes

Never played one but looks weird and cool!

3 Likes

I am currently saving for a Sire P7 or V7 bass but ultimate groove machines in my mind is a MTD bass. I love the MTD tone especially the Justin Raines Signature model.

Example: from 2:49-on

One day!

Oh and it looks great too!

7 Likes

Oh man yes, MTD basses are so drool-inducing. I’ve played a few really nice old custom MTDs, you’re reigniting my lust for them just by mentioning the name lol.

5 Likes

Just found this one. A Warwick Vampyre SN. I’m lovin it.

9 Likes

Happy Halloween, indeed.

2 Likes