Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Very nice, @Popular_Pixels . . . I think you’ll be quite happy with it :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Forums!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

And now I have GAS. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve wanted the SR2400APL ever since I first saw it. Neck feels very similar to Yamaha’s TRBX3/5/604 line.

2 Likes

Welcome @Popular_Pixels!

1 Like

Anyone have any feedback on the Shecter Hellraiser 4-string bass ? I have my eye on it. like the look and the reviews on it, but it’s pretty much available online only - no one seems to have it in stock to try out.

2 Likes

I have this coming next week! G5442BDC ELECTROMATIC From Gretsch!

10 Likes

That’s on my interest list. Looking forward to hearing about it!

3 Likes

The Zoom b3n is very hard to find in stores here, and even the GT1B is hard to find but I did manage to find one. I just like the look of the Boss and I like the pedal as well. They let me try an open box they had at the store and I really liked it, and it’s pretty user friendly. I had a lot of fun with it and since my parents gave me some $$$ for Xmas, I’m going with that one.

I had a Dean Razorback guitar a few years ago and it was a NICE guitar but IMPOSSIBLE for me to tune cuz of the Floyd Rose tremolo. I’d never had one before and I was totally lost. LOL. They are badass looking for sure. I’d love to get a BC Rich Warlock bass like Nikki Sixx played. But they’re hard to find as well. Seems I like the things that are impossible to find haha.
I’m really enjoying my Yamaha TRBX174 tho. I would normally wait and get the Stingray 4H later, but I LOVE that charcoal sparkle finish and sooner or later, you won’t be able to find one anywhere so I didn’t want to miss out cuz I’d kick myself. So I found one and they’re shipping it to my store and will do a full setup for me.

3 Likes

@Scoundrel1680 has one.
I have not had a chance yo play it yet, but it looks bad ass. I usually feel very comfortable when holding Schecters. Every one i have picked up feels very right to me
He has been really busy, not sure if he is checking the forum much, but if he sees the tag, maybe he will give a review.

1 Like

I see Warlock Basses quite often for sale on offer Up.

I love the look, and would put one on display, hanging on my wall with my Dean MetalMan and ESP LTD FRZ-TA, Tom Araya Signature bass. I put Red strings on it, and skull nobs. It looks bad ass. It is pretty light and comfortable to hold, and neck feels pretty good, but not my favorite bass to play. I got it for a good deal and couldn’t pass up, just to hang it.

The warlock is a very large looking bass. I never picked one up, but saw one a while back at the local Pawn /Guitar shop. It just came in and was in the repair area (it really is a guitar shop that’s a pawn shop) behind the counter. it looked really big and heavy
I wonder if it is an illusion because the headstock is so big, and the overall limits of the shape is large.

The Dean MetalMan is similar, with a big headstock “v” shaped, snd the bottom of the body is like a flying v, and it sticks out far.
The Metal man is not that heavy, but it has a baseball bad for a neck.
When i hot it, the neck way to tight and was reverse bow. And string action was way high, and obviously it played like shit.
Poor kid I bought it from said he didn’t play anymore.
I think he quit out of frustration from it being set up so bad, he probably thought he couldn’t play. He tried listing it gor $300, then over about 3 months it got down to about $80, and I cracked.
The Warlocks are priced all over the place, as low as $125 and up yo $600 or more.
I am sure there are different levels of it, just like SBMM stingrays having Ray4, Ray24 and Ray34. But I dont know much if anything about them. If I ever got one, it would most likely be a collection on the wall, and if it was clean, that would be good enuf.
So one in nice condition, costing less then $150, I might get it, otherwise, Prob not.
That said, and with the Nikki Sixx reference, I have to bring ip the Tbird.
I really do not like those basses. The Nikki Sixx goth black one is about the only one i can stand. White is ok too, but classic Tbird with burst colors, they fo nothing for me. Not even for wall art.

1 Like

These were my guitars :slight_smile: I would LOVE another Dean bass like the guitar. They look so sick. And mine wasn’t cheap, either, which is why it’s at the top so nobody can reach it (kids/cats etc) And I loved my Warlock too. I have a thing for guitars that are sparkly and/or have sharp edges etc.

I don’t like the look of the Tbird basses either, so I’m with ya on that one. Not attractive at all, although I heard they sound pretty decent.

I don’t know if I’m going to display my basses on the wall. I’m thinking of getting a nice sturdy rack so the cats can’t knock them over. I do have stands, but it wouldn’t take much to knock them over. I have 2 very precocious cats and I put nothing past them.

4 Likes

What you need is an ESP F-Series :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me too Eric @eric.kiser,
So when your up to it Toby @T_dub,
Share a pic with the gang👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I am still tempted by that SBV-550. But I just don’t have the playing bandwidth for more than one bass at the moment, much less the storage.

3 Likes

These look amazing and if I were to get a hollow body that is definitely the one I would want. My best friend has a Gretsch 5120 guitar and it sounds totally fantastic, deep and rich with lots of resonance.

The electromatic just screams “play me hard with a pick.” I love the look of that thing.

3 Likes

Isn’t that really only true when the two basses have very similar tonal ranges that you can get out of them!? I was careful (more or less) to pick new basses that would extend what I already had, rather than duplicate it… That might not quite justify 5 basses, but close :smile:

5 Likes

Oh it’s more of a time thing. Plus my TRBX has a really wide tonal range already, overlaps with a lot of basses. On the other hand my Warwick sounds like a Warwick, but it is also somewhat versatile within that midsey/growly range as a P/J.

Though the SBV does have kind of a deep unique tone now that you mention it, sort of like an aggressive P-bass.

3 Likes

@howard, are you sure you don’t wanna come over to the MBD-thread to discuss this? I’m sure we can help you solve your dilemma :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh Miki and Fumi have the GAS covered for tone anyway :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5HLq-fv_48

4 Likes

nice one ! love the bass line

3 Likes