Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

@chordsykat OK, you can blame @T_dub for this, he said “Offer Up” in another thread which got me looking over there…
$200!!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1051914020?q=Squire+bass&cid=6.7

4 Likes

Not a bad deal. Matching headstock, so I doubt it is the cheaper Affinity series.
Did you order it yet?
Or are you still typing your card number into Offer Up?

3 Likes

Is that the same one? Would be nice to see a picture of the headstock to make sure it is the same. If it is, you can buy it and re-sell it to GC for a profit.

2 Likes

Hard to tell from the pic, but $200 its a steal regardless.
I am on card number typing hiatus for a while…and happy with the J bass I have

3 Likes

I got the money and I’ll be in this guy’s backyard next week. But I don’t need another bass.

2 Likes

@JerryP - when did need come into play? :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Well, I’m not quite sure yet. It’s listed as “in MINT condition” (caps and all), and then in the description it says that it is slightly damaged:

I don’t know about you, but I don’t call that MINT condition… It might be relatively rare, but a collector isn’t going to be interested in a damaged model, so I’m concerned about the resale value. Given all this, I think the asking price of €450 is pretty steep.

4 Likes

Oh. Didn’t see that part. Agree there.
I spotted a few here in US
One in very rough shape for $450.
One in great shape (it appears anyway) for $659.
And one for $200 that is hard to tell from pics.

So your in the ballpark but agree I’d be cautious of that one if your considering resale/collector worth.

Few looking for a “reliced” Squire

4 Likes

During some really scientific online research I have found a medicine for my “Sticking to single bass syndrome”

This G&L L-2000 tribute is 8 years old. The guy said that he is not a bassist and bought this one on a whim but not played it for a long time.

He took it to a luthier just before the pandemic for a Setup and new strings (yeah he thinks that would hold over a year!) and they also trimmed the fret wires that were sticking out a bit on the sides of the neck.

He is asking for 450 euro with a gig bag (which I don’t need) so we will need to strike a deal IF I like the bass a lot.

The thing is the tribute models are no where to be found in Italy. It seems that they were selling these some years back but Fender kinda dominated the market afterwards. Also this color which I believe to be one of the earlier productions is discontinued. So I have no idea how much would it cost brand new…

I heard this version was still being shipped with the same pick-ups as MIA and new tribute models don’t have that. Which should be confirmed by independently modifiable coil height on the pickups…

Any ideas what to look for? Any known issues?

11 Likes

"I’m never buying another bass again.

And other hilarious stories you can tell yourself"

7 Likes

I guess I can cheat to my main bass as much as I want, as long as I am faithful to my wife :))

21 Likes

i had a feeling you were going to like it :+1:

7 Likes

I’m still deciding…

4 Likes

Nah… not with that smile on your face :grin: :joy:

10 Likes

Yes, the Cheshire cat has nothing on that grin, but he’s still “undecided” :rofl:

6 Likes

It was just a kiss… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I haven’t decided if I should use rounds or flats… :rofl:

10 Likes

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I stay there will be trouble
And if I go it will be double

5 Likes

He is still deciding how to sneak it in the house!

6 Likes

Honey, I won it through the football pool at work…

4 Likes