Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Put a hootenanny button on it! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@JT @John_E this was what i though when I read that :slight_smile:

11 Likes

To be honest unless you want to tap like Animals As Leaders or something, except on a bass, that thing does not look fun to play. Strings are spaced way too close for my tastes. YMMV though.

3 Likes

As it turns out I’ve had this (SR600E) on pre-order since January. Now I am getting my Schecter, and not sure whether I will still get it. I do like the sound; may need to sell a bass lol

3 Likes

Who says I don’t like Schecters. I probably like this Schecter over a Ray34HH myself. I am not a huge fan of double buck Rays, and I have always LOVED schecters

1 Like

I had this discussion with my girlfriend and she tried to point me in that direction of “Aerodyne and that’s it!” … it was a struggle to come with a better argument than “I like basses like works of craftsmanship. I would go to a gallery to see the Bass exhibition. As far as I am concerned, I collect art. Would you be satisfied with … Mona Lisa? When there’re Monets, Muchas, Dalis and so much more? You wouldn’t.” … when she was leaving the room, she said “Honey, we don’t have space for your art.” … I will call it a draw.

6 Likes

Ohhhh, good rebuttal. She is a keeper, even when it hurts like this, you just have to up your game

4 Likes

Nice man, congrats!

4 Likes

So this caught my attention…

It’s a Squier James Johnston Jazz Bass, which apparently is a special edition Classic Vibe Jazz. I haven’t owned or played a Jazz bass yet, but I like the looks…

12 Likes

Pretty color, and I like the matching headstock, @Mike_NL . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Yeah, same here :wink:

4 Likes

That’s awesome. Squire Jazz basses are super good for the $$$. The odd ones like this seem to go up in value too.

Have you sorted out a nice spot for it yet?

:smirk:

4 Likes

She’s a looker

4 Likes

Very nice. If you have not played a Jazz neck yet, you are in for a treat.
Of course if you have played Ibanez or Yamaha, they are almost the same. Same width but different profile (thickness / shape)

2 Likes

Very nice. Totally understand why you like it!

4 Likes

Oh man, that is so pretty and I really want a Squier/Fender Jazz in my collection… The itch to get one is strong. I hate this thread sometimes. :smiley:

4 Likes

Don’t hate @chordsykat.

Feel the blue love

4 Likes

You’re right. I’m holding off but only because I have my eye on one of these:

There’s always an ulterior motive :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Ooooh. That’s sweeeeeeeet

3 Likes

I have 4 basses myself although I haven’t started playing yet (I read Geddy Lee’s Big Beautiful Book of Bass and got hooked on collecting some): a Glarry basic, a P-Bass knockoff with 3 pickups, a bass I’m building with a Squier maplewood neck and fret board that has color changing paint (alternates between turquoise and purple) with a red pickguard, and one I won’t get until after June 26 because it’s on back order a Steinberger Spirit XT-2 because I love Tony Lewis’ The Outfield guitar. I’ll post pictures of the bass I’m building soon.

5 Likes