Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

Don’t tell @T_dub it came down to this and a Ray 34HH, but I’ve wanted a PJ

2 Likes

@John_E – she’s a beauty!

2 Likes

There are never enough Aerodyne photos. :smiley:

2 Likes

A non-export Aerodyne (in red) went up for sale a week or two ago over here. Had never heard of it before, but I loved it instantly. The asking price was about 850 Euros, if I remember correctly, and it was gone in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Local NYC Aerodyne up for sale, good price, with amp.

1 Like

Going to buy this Washburn T14 Bass tomorrow: totally pumped. Any thoughts on it or the brand?

11 Likes

Looks great! They have a good reputation.

3 Likes

The one I’m getting is natural finish, couldn’t get the photo to upload so used a stock amazon pic. I’ll put it up once I’ve got my grubby paws on it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Gregor just uploaded a demo of the Ibanez SR600E and SR605E. I really dig the look and sound of this bass. The wood and burst finish looks sexy too.

10 Likes

I’ve stopped looking at basses. Have my dream bass now. :slight_smile:

I agree those are cool though. I like the LTD ESP-II BTL ones better though. Similar thing. Hard to find these though, or at least it was when I was looking for one.

2 Likes

https://bigboss.jp/store/products/detail/12231

~$2k, pretty sure they will ship internationally.

Ikebe has the BanG Dream custom model as well (10 month lead time on the custom though, and it’s $4k or more.)

Plus, well, it’s Bandori - depends on if that’s your thing or not. Not my thing, but not gonna judge :slight_smile:

Utterly great looking bass though.

6 Likes

Can this post be pinned so we can refer back to it when you buy your next bass?
:rofl:

5 Likes

“I got a fever. And the only cure is more sTrInGs.”
This handsome beast was on my local shop’s page. Looks like it sold before I could get over there and witness it in person. Which is good. I don’t need an 8-string bass.

…or don’t I?

5 Likes

For that price…yes, you need it. Even if to own it for a while.
And love the little bat like inlay

2 Likes

Love those little bats. I also like how the neck barely wedges itself into that stand. :rofl:

1 Like

Is it in the stand? It seems that it just lays on top of it. :smiley: What a beast.

1 Like

Speaking of Beasts, I stopped by a little shop today on my way that had just gotten a BC Rich The Beast in, like the one below but with EMG active pickups.

I had not tried a dual P bass until today and I have to say I liked this one quite a bit. If I hadn’t just bought that Frank Bello bass, I think I would have nabbed the one they had today as it was only $729 with the original hard case. I felt proud that I showed some restraint, ha!

3 Likes

For that money it seems like a steal. But tbh. I really don’t like the shape.

1 Like

How comfortable is it to play? The shape does not look ergonomic.

1 Like

It fit well on my lap, not too different.
Not sure about on a strap, both strap buttons are on the back of the bass.
I have found if one strap knob is on a back it can get wonky, but not sure about 2, maybe it un-wonkizes it.

It was in really good shape, only one small ding on a tip on the backside and the bridge was oddly discolored (maybe bad starting parts.
I wanted to buy it and put a tremolo bar on it just because if felt like it should have one.

3 Likes