Anybody an Ibanez fan?

Ive had my Ibanez SR875 for about a year now, and I absolutely love it. New to the forum and just wanted to get to know everyone, and thought this might be a good way to start. Happy Holidays to all my low end friends.

19 Likes

Welcome aboard, @JuiceboxHero . . . :slight_smile:

That’s one beautiful bass, too!

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Thank you! Feels like home already.

4 Likes

I have an SR500, it’s my first and only bass, so can’t compare it to anything, but I sure love it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I really want a SR2400APL (just saw your reply there in the other thread :slight_smile:)

can’t really justify it though because it’s basically just a slightly nicer version of the bass I already have.

7 Likes

Your bass is extremely similar to mine other than being a 4 string. I love the compact body size, and the neck plays like butter. What do you think about the pick ups? Are they the Bartolini BH2’s?

4 Likes

Something about the SR line from Ibanez draws me in. That is gorgeous!

4 Likes

Feels great too. Even lighter than my TRBX.

4 Likes

Mine is a shade over 8lbs. For a 5er that is incredibly lightweight, especially after getting used to playing my G&L. That thing was HEAVY!

4 Likes

Yeah, I love Ibanez and Yamaha for that. Mine’s 8.3 lbs.

3 Likes

My Ibanez has slowly made its way to #1 for me. It’s just so much fun to play.

5 Likes

Yes, the same BH2 as on yours. (Along with pretty much everything else being the same as well. To be honest I don’t even understand the differences between all these SR models, apart from the cosmetics of course. But that’s a different subject.)

I actually find them a bit noisy, they pick up some interference from my laptop and phone when I’m near them. But it’s negligible in a musical setting, and as I said I don’t have anything to compare it to. Maybe other basses are more noisy.

4 Likes

I agree. I’ve considered swapping out the stock pups to another brand. I think Aguilar makes a drop in replacement. The only real difference between yours and mine is the finish, and the flame maple veneer top. I’m almost positive everything else is the same

3 Likes

My SR650e which has become my number one bass. I absolutely love the neck, the looks, the weight, and the many great tones I can pull out of it. My only complaint is that the J pickup is pretty noisy and is turned off most of the time as a result. Luckily the CND reverse P pickup gives me more then enough to love. You can definitely count me on the list of Ibanez fans. Welcome to the forum, that bass is gorgeous, enjoy it!

@JuiceboxHero what is that fretboard made from? Maybe it is just the light, but it doesn’t look like maple.

9 Likes

I love the finish on your bass. Looks like one that would wear nicely over time. I have always liked the look of a bass that has been broken in and picked up some “war paint”. Looks like you’ve got a good one my friend. Happy Holidays.

6 Likes

I had an Ibanez fretless for awhile and liked it a lot. I’m more of a Yamaha fan, but Ibanez is nice too. Yours is lovely.

6 Likes

I have an Ibanez SR300E - my first and only. I chose this for two reasons: 1) slimmer neck and maybe less of a challenge for small hands, and 2) budget. I also like the look a lot, so I’m happy with it… It’s been a good place to start out.

9 Likes

Yep. SRMS805 in twilight blue here. It’s lovely in every possible way and don’t see it going away anytime soon if ever.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @JuiceboxHero,
Great looking bass,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I have a SR 655. Awesome bass. Welcome .

5 Likes