Anybody an Ibanez fan?

Welcome @JuiceboxHero

My SR650 is still my go to bass daily

4 Likes

I have been playing bass for 5 months. I have the Ibanez SR300E. I love it.

9 Likes

Looks like there are plenty of Ibanez players in here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: They do have an almost bewildering range of modelsā€¦

I got myself a fretless GWB205 about 2-3 months ago - very nice bass!!

10 Likes

I keep being drawn to trying a fret less bass . Heart says yes, mind says no

5 Likes

They seem neat but I realize I would never play it if I got it. I like frets.

5 Likes

They are different beasts alrightā€¦ and not necessary to haveā€¦ but fun and a good ear training :grin:

3 Likes

Itā€™s really weird in that Iā€™m finding Iā€™m playing more and more blues and jazz type blues ( New Orleans style stuff) so Iā€™m thinking a fret less could be fun.
Having said that I thought a short scale would be great fun and the poor thing is sat in my living room gathering dust. I always seem to be picking up the Ibanez or the P bass and then playing the Ricky and falling in love with itā€™s tone over again!

3 Likes

Seems like you are all set for now, @Mac :grin:

You can always get a fretless a few years down the roadā€¦

Enjoy the Ricky!!

3 Likes

I had one for awhile and did enjoy it, I even made one video with it. I ended up selling it though, because I found myself playing my fretted bass more frequently.

Keep in mind, if you are just starting out on bass, playing on a fretless just adds another challenge to your learning curve. Itā€™s more than just knowing where the notes are, itā€™s also intonation. Your fretting fingers must land on the exact spot in order to make your intonation perfect. On a fretted bass, the target is much larger.

6 Likes

I would recommend them above Yamaha.

3 Likes

Sorry, im a new user. I reached my max amout of replies for one day. The fretboard is a wood called jatoba. Sorry for the delayed response to everyone. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond and interact.

3 Likes

Man, i would love to get my hands on one of those. Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thank you! I love my Ibanez, but the Yamaha Billy Sheehan signature bass looks and sounds amazing.

2 Likes

Yes! Although I donā€™t own any personally, I love looking at Ibanezā€™s website and oogling at the basses. Thatā€™s one nice looking bass youā€™ve got there!

4 Likes

Thank you! If you ever get the opportunity to try one out Iā€™d go for it. You wonā€™t be disappointed. If you like a fast playing neck, Ibanez is one of the best imo.

3 Likes

Interesting. Mine is also Jatoba and mine is significantly darker than yours to the point I have a hard time believing it is the same kind of wood. I know colors can vary from piece to piece, but wow. Either way absolutely love the color of your fretboard. It looks like Maple but with a more unique character.

3 Likes

Mine has a slightly reddish color to it. Never had a jatoba fretboard before this one, so its hard for me to compare. Itā€™s definitely gorgeous though. I absolutely love it.

2 Likes

This is my SR400. Iā€™m a complete beginner so this is my first and only. Iā€™ve owned it about 6 months now. Very happy with it.

11 Likes

I love the finish and the maple fretboard. Looks killer!

5 Likes

I bought a (3rd, 4th?)-hand Ibanez BTB-700DX with EMG (active) pickups a few months ago, two pots are a bit wonky, but I ordered new ones. It is a a rumble monster. Totally different from my Squier J-Bass. Iā€™ve tuned it to d-standard; ā€œnice and metal-yā€.

12 Likes