Anyone using the iRig 2?

I am starting to think about getting an interface to play in to GarageBand and ran across these:

It’s not an analog/digital converter in that it just takes the input and converts it to a Mic In 1/8" output that you then plug in to the computer or phone 1/8" microphone/headphone jack.

The other thing about it that is cool is it has a 1/4" output as well, and takes input from both the headphone jack too, which you can send to your amp. So you can use effects on your mac or phone live to your amp.

The price is awesome and it apparently has little to no latency, which is not super surprising as it is not a digital converter. Which really just means you are at the mercy of the built in converter on your sound card or phone, but apparently it works well with macs, per reviews.

Anyone tried it?

Are you planning on running it into your phone, or just your computer? If it’s just for computer use, I would probably get a real DAI (digital audio interface) instead, like
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UM2usb--behringer-u-phoria-um2-usb-audio-interface

BUT maybe the iRig would make more sense with portability or ease of use, not sure! I’ve never really looked into those because I’ve had a home recording setup since before those came out.

I’m going to be using it with the computer so a real DAI would be preferable. I also realized just after I posted this that I can already do exactly what this thing does by just getting a 1/4" to 1/8" cable and using that with my Vox headphone amp (or my combo amp headphone out for that matter).

Edit: yep, just verified this works fine with one of the Vox amplugs. And I didn’t even need a different cable because I had forgotten the Vox headphone out was already 1/8". A little noisy so a real DAI is a better bet I think, for real work, but this should be fun to play with.