Ari's Music Theory Summer Cohort Open

Ari has started doing these music cohort things. It is basically like a proper online course You have assigned homework every week, peer groups, etc. I’ve been wanting to do it for awhile, but it was full and I was waiting for next January. They now have some openings for a new one starting in June. The plan is to only do them twice a year. I’ve signed up to this one starting in June. Just FYI, it is $540, but I know it will be worth it for me personally, because I struggle with just a book and self-learning when it comes to music theory. I also think when you weigh that against the cost of private lessons, it is worth it.

https://arisbassblog.com/cohort/

4 Likes

I look forward to hearing how it goes. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll be a music theory genius by the end… :rofl:

3 Likes

I get invited to join frequently, but just can’t get myself to get involved with anything that has even a hint of structure.
Retirement does that to you.
I’m certain this program is great, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

4 Likes

Yeah, everyone is different. My life is so chaotic now that without some structure, nothing gets done. I bought the book and paid for her self-paced course 6 weeks ago, but am still only half-way through the first unit. Hoping this gives me the kick in the bum that I need.

3 Likes

I hear ya, and haven’t forgotten those days of kids, jobs, etc.

4 Likes

I still remember my first test on the scales in Grade School Band. I put down A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H.
Still haven’t found that H note.

As an aside, I’m used to the Treble Clef notation: E,G,B,D,F, and F,A,C,E for the spaces.
Now, in Bass Clef, it has me relearning the scales.
Groovy.

3 Likes

Yeah, as I learned it long ago: in treble clef, it’s Every Good Boy Does Fine.

In the bass clef, it’s Good Boys Do Fine Always.

2 Likes

I guess it’s the end of an era for All Cars Eat Gas.

3 Likes

That works perfectly for the spaces

2 Likes

Good Burritos Don’t Fall Apart

All Cows Eat Grass

Going to stick with those two. Just heard the burritos one on Discord, but love it as I love TexMex. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whatever works for you :smile_cat:

2 Likes

following. let us know how it goes :+1:

3 Likes