Ask all your silly questions here!

I probably wouldn’t, I listened to Kraftwerk after all. But at the end of the day working with computers, I try to spend time away from them.

3 Likes

This is my life in a nutshell my friend…

4 Likes

An interlude where no instruments were used, all computer generated except the vocals (which were very processed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dXV2vyJoYc

Ironically, blocked in Japan :slight_smile:

It is ironic as that is the Babymetal account. This might not be blocked, or might. Japanese record companies are notorious blockers

Hahaha yes. And getting worse over time for me.

2 Likes

Nope, Amuse is blocking it. Probably because they have a premium channel here.

1 Like

Thanks to @T_dub for trying to bring this thread back to it’s intended purpose. Unfortunately, with only one out of 28 posts, I think this thread has become a lost cause.

I blame myself. I thought if I answered the first couple silly questions it might then get back on track. That thinking was clearly flawed and it just opened the flood gates.

I’m going to change the title to Ask All Your Silly Questions Here! and move it from the Bass category to the Lounge. Maybe we can try this again at a later date when I figure out how to keep it on it’s intended track.

4 Likes

Sorry @eric.kiser we were just having some fun…

3 Likes

No hard feelings. :sunglasses: :+1:

It’s a forum and crazy stuff happens. I just changed it so it would make more sense to whoever comes later.

More than anything I was just amazed at how fast and completely it went off the rails. The whole ANTS thing making it’s way over here was pretty damn funny! :rofl:

4 Likes

I still want to know why Noah allowed those 2 fire ants on the arc…
bfe5041cc1b055746c816ab931f8708d18c827bdbd6d12d86d53867ade96238b.0

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know that Noah did, because in a flood the colony forms a mat that just floats around until the water recedes. Kind of creepy and scary

Fire ants are survivers

7 Likes

Is that an African swallow?
Or seagull or pigeon or whatever

Edit: sorry, I answered without reading on

2 Likes

I saw those ant-islands when it would flood outside of New Orleans when I was a kid.

I threw rocks at them to see what would happen. I didn’t respect the ants and I think they remember.

5 Likes

Ok, serious DUMB question coming…

Is there anyway to record (DAW or APP, and DAI, etc…) on a ChromeBook?

Looks like my old IMac died. I could get another old IMac, but for around the same price, I could get a chromebook, and they seem to be really good.

I got 2 of my daughters chrome books, and one a HP Laptop. This was years ago.

One year later, I got the 3rd daughter a chrome book

They are all still working.

So, cheap windows PC is prob off the table.
ChromeBook or Used Mac are probably the way, but I do want to still record, and I hate doing it on the Ipad

2 Likes

"They say that the world is a small place. I wouldn’t want to get the job of painting it! "
S.Wright

4 Likes

Chromebooks are Linux based and designed to run web apps. In 2017 they started being able to run Android apps. You might be able to run some Linux apps depending on the capabilities of a specific model.

3 Likes

Do you know if there are any DAW Apps tho?

2 Likes

Check this out…
Best daw apps for android In 2021 - Softonic

Also, check out @Fahri’s thread on recording. He’s figured out how to do a lot with an Android phone.
Mobile Recording in General

2 Likes

I don’t have android, and GB in IPad sucks, but may be the way.

Thanks for the link.
I really rather have something like. ChromeBook or laptop / desktop then phone / tablet.
I like Mouse and Keyboard.

Course I have one of each for my IPad, which I will find til this is sorted out, but still have bad taste for Mobil GB.

3 Likes