B2B live Hang: Sunday July 26, 20:00 UTC -- who's in?

First, a clarification:
GMT: that’s the current time in Greenwich, England. Since England observes Daylight Saving Time (DST), that’s not the same as
UTC: Coordinated Universal Time (or UTC) is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude, and is not adjusted for daylight saving time. It is effectively a successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Since UTC is universally the same everywhere, time zones are specified related to UTC, and that’s what we’ll follow.

So… I’m planning to host a BYOB* hangout on Sunday evening, 20:00 UTC. That’s 21:00 in the UK, 22:00 in the Central European Timezone, and 1 PM in Arizona and California.
It’s a bit of a bitch to our APAC members… Monday morning, 06:00 in Downunderia, and 05:00 in Tokyo.

Who would be in?
If you are, please specify if you’d prefer Zoom or Skype.
If Sunday sucks or is too short notice, we could move it to another day as well.

I was initially suggesting that we might think of a theme. On second thought, I think “getting used to our new hangout” (and guiding each other along) might be a good theme…

*) BYOB: Bring Your Own Booze

3 Likes

I’m in. I prefer Zoom if it’s okay with everyone. I could give Google Meet a try too, but I’d have a bit of an issue with Skype.

3 Likes

@peterhuppertz are you doing this on Sunday or Monday? You mention both days in your post.

3 Likes

… fixed. Sunday it is.
I was originally planning to do this on Monday, but then thought that Sunday might be a better idea for US inhabitants who have to work on Monday.

3 Likes

I think we’re better off without a theme. They seem to work best in freeform, at least that has been my experience.

3 Likes

August 26th is a Wednesday. Did you mean July 26th?

4 Likes

Jesus, I suck.
Fixed… thanks!

4 Likes

I should be able to make it. That would be 1600 for me and one vote for Zoom.

4 Likes

Set it up with the link and I’m in👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

First meeting (30 mins)
Meeting ID: 772 8118 3454
Password: FBHFE

I would suggest we’ll create additional meetings on the fly if we’re not fed up by the end of the first one. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what happens after 40 minutes with more than 3 people.

Like you said, we can always create another meeting on the fly.

4 Likes

I can be there. I also prefer Zoom.

6 Likes

I’ll try and get my sorry ass out of bed :+1:
And another vote for Zoom

2 Likes

First hang hosted in Europe, and all participants are from different continents.

Weird…?

3 Likes

I just got a call from my son who’s coming for a visit at the time of the B2B Live Hang. I’ll try to join in if you’re still in session by the time he leaves.

3 Likes

Sorry to all but I’m not going to be able to make it. Long story for another day but please accept my apologies

2 Likes

Looks like we won’t find that out! :laughing:

1 Like

OK, I’m done practicing. I’ve started the meeting half an hour earlier… feel free to join in!

First meeting (30 mins)
Meeting ID: 772 8118 3454
Password: FBHFE

1 Like

Good morning Peter,
Are you going to let me into the meeting
Cheers Brian

Hi Pam,
Are you in the meeting?
If so can you ask someone to let me in
Cheers Brian