B2B Live Hangs - setting a standing hang - input please

Hi all,

Based on the feedback from our last (and previous hangs), there is interest in making this a standing ‘thing’, with a set time slot for folks to pop in and meet others, etc.

I think this would be a great idea and work well, however, I think we should be cautious about how often, etc.
I think if we keep it a bit spread out, they will be richer and more rewarding. If we set them too close, it will feel like ‘one more thing’ people should/need to do and might be viewed as a negative and die a sad and lonely death.

Some have suggested weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, or bi-monthly or even quarterly.

Let’s get some input and interest level…
How often should we meet? (*I took off weekly as it seems like a bit much)

• bi-weekly
  • monthly
  • quarterly

0 voters

What day(s) works best?
Please add comments to build in posts below.

• Sunday (Monday for our Aussie friends)
  • Saturday (etc for Aussies)
  • Friday (etx for Aussies)

0 voters

What general time works best?
Please add comments to build in posts below.

• 20:00 UTC or thereabouts
  • Later on than 20:00 UTC
  • Earlier on than 20:00 UTC

0 voters

7 Likes

@John_E I agree if we do it weekly it might start to feel like work but if they are spread out we will get more out of it and people who are learning will have a better “update” on their progress…Sunday is a good day could be later 20:00UTC is good but so is 22:00 let’s see what the voters say!

5 Likes

Wouldn’t 2200 fall into the shade of the “thereabouts” umbrella?

4 Likes

yes. yes it would LOL

3 Likes

20:00UTC is what, 6am for Melbourne? Brian’s a machine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

He was a hungover machine yesterday LOL

7 Likes

I have a writers zoom @ 20:00 which is why I didn’t show. 22:00 works better for me

3 Likes

I’m down for this, just posted something like this in Discord not knowing you all were cooking this up, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

1 Like

I will let this run a little bit longer than sum up and start a plan.

2 Likes

Tagging this thread to stay in the loop. Thanks @John_E .

1 Like

Please see below thread for future hang schedules

4 Likes

Thanks @John_E I’m in for all those dates except for rare occasions on which I have a scheduling conflict.

1 Like

Sorry @John_E and @JerryP im trying my hardest to get through to this live hang but we are having a bit of a blizzard here so will continue to try.

1 Like

Sorry I missed the live hang, I could hear you guys and tried to communicate with you but was unable to see or be seen by you. Had my wife explain zoom to me but was late for the party. I’ll try again next time. I was excited to hang with you rock stars.!

Ah! We were wondering who it was!
Next time!!!