BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congrats Roy!

4 Likes

Congratulations @RoyB. Which courses are you taking on TB?

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m currently wrapping up part 1 of the slapping course. From there, I’ll either jump straight into part two or do one of the other ones I bought (chord tones, scales, walking bass, chords). Do you have a recommendation?

4 Likes

My personal recommendation is:

1. Scale Essentials
  2. Chord Tone Essentials
  3. Walking Bass

There’s nothing wrong the taking them all concurrently either (It’s what I did). You can do a couple classes of scales, then a couple classes of chord tones, and a couple classes of walking bass, and back and forth until you finish. Sort of like when we were in college and went from class to class to class. The nice thing about doing it this ways is how well they all mesh together.
Just my advice. As always, YMMV :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Congratulations @RoyB !

4 Likes

Finished my 2nd run through the B2B course this morning & already started Mark Smith’s Chord Tones Essentials.
I’m planning on doing an AAR on my thoughts about doing the course twice (do it!). Dunno whether to do it here or in the B2B Reviews thread. Thoughts, hive mind?

6 Likes

Well done @RoyB

6 Likes

Congratulations @RoyB ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Put it in the B2B Reviews Thread. I’m sure Josh would like to see what you think. You can then put a link here if you want.

You could also start a new Topic for it. Just be sure and tag Josh.

5 Likes

Congratulations @RoyB !

6 Likes

Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

Congratz @Fou_Lou , @RoyB and @LeftyChad

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I took my first lesson on May, 29th. I set myself for the 3 month schedule… I almost made it, it took quite a bit more but today, 6 October 2021, just few days over 4 months, I completed the course!

What a journey! Some milestones that I can’t forget: Billie Jean, Higher and higher, Roxanne, Feel Good, Inc., Red Clay, learning to slap (after so many videos… I finally got it!), learning to play swingy eights, the different meaning of 6/8 vs 6/4… My musical knowledge improved so much, and I am sure that a lot of things went unnoticed because I was too busy, but Josh was giving small gold nuggets of musical expertise all along the way.

I would subscribe to a follow-up of the course right now on the spot, without even checking the price. Josh is really an incredible teacher!

15 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the course, @f.guerrieri . . . :slight_smile:

Good for you!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Congrats @f.guerrieri

5 Likes

Thanks! Also, how could I forget about the ultimate groove workout! I have that blue scale ingrained in my finger, 1, 2, 3, 4-and, … love it! It’s helping me both with time and with left hand “discipline”…

7 Likes

Congrats @f.guerrieri ,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Congratulations @f.guerrieri !

Yes, to everything you said.

5 Likes

Congrats on finishing the course, and your timing was perfect, cuz it was your timing.
Plus, you can always repeat the course, or sections of the course and pick up things that went unnoticed this next time.
That is a great next step, repeating some lessons.
You can find other courses that many of us have taken after B2B, while waiting for B2B 2 within many a thread on here, so I won’t repeat all of them and derail this thread.

7 Likes

Congratulations @f.guerrieri !

6 Likes