BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

I finished a couple of months ago & am going back through a second time. I loved the slap module even though I struggled with it. It comes in handy with my garage band. When we’re slopping through the Eagles Take it Easy for the umpteenth time and I’m getting bored, I put a basic funk/disco slap line on it :sunglasses:. I think it’s hilarious. They don’t.

9 Likes

Anything would improve that song. Anything.

5 Likes

I love Taking it Easy. Not my favorite Eagles song, but it’s up there.
Imaging someone slapping bass to that song makes me shudder LOL

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

Congratulations to all the new Alumni

5 Likes

So on the 4/4/2021 I picked up a little CV Jaguar bass, joined BassBuzz and started my B2B journey. A few weeks ago, almost 5 months after starting, I completed the course and the final assessment.

I have to say that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the experience, both for the B2B course itself and the support from the community here on the Forum.

My new goals are to work on getting a few full songs under my belt so that I’ve at least a few songs that I like that I can play start to finish.

After that I’ve a few talking bass courses to work through and who knows, maybe by the time I’m finished with that Josh will have a followup course available.

Thanks all, you’ve made the start of this epic journey an absolute pleasure.

14 Likes

Congratulations @HowlinDawg !

3 Likes

Congratulation @HowlinDawg !

4 Likes

Congratulations @HowlinDawg . I hope you will not become a stranger to our forum. The river of support and guidance continues to flow downward, and you can now assist with that flow.

4 Likes

Way to go @HowlinDawg - the end is truly the beginning of great things.

5 Likes

Hell no, you won’ get rid of me that easily young lady! :wink:

4 Likes

Hi,

It’s been awhile. Last time I posted to the forum, you were all encouraging me to join my local School of Rock, despite my misgivings about the assigned genre: Hair Metal. I did join, had a great time, and signed up for a second season, along with joining Seattle Jazz Night School, because why not overdo it?
Our season-ending show will be livestreamed on Facebook on September 24th, 2021, at 6:45 PM Pacific time. School of Rock Seattle
I will be the guy with a silly wig, because I don’t have enough hair for Hair Metal. Cort bass, blue jeans. Hope you can see it.
I wouldn’t be performing my first “gig” (more of a recital) without your support and Josh’s teaching, which was really good preparation. I had a great time, learned a lot, and grew some good calluses.

10 Likes

Graduated September 2021, 5 days before my 50th birthday. Fantastic to be on the road to learning the bass. Was a great experience. Looking forward to what lies ahead.

9 Likes

Congratulations!!! I’m hoping to follow you in the coming weeks!

4 Likes

Congratulations @LittleEric ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Congrats @LittleEric

4 Likes

Congratulations @LittleEric !

3 Likes

I’ve completed my first run-through of the course last weekend. I still have 3 or 4 checkmarks to fill in on the final quiz to qualify to badass. And of course, I will need to go back and knock out the fast workouts I passed on in the first run through. (Billie Jean anyone?)
I had convinced myself that my hands would never be able to do 1 finger per fret and I jumped at the opportunity when Josh offered one-on-one lessons. Well, he showed me how my angle of attack and elbow/hand positioning were hindering my finger range. I am now convinced I can do 1fpf and have successfully proven it to myself in the 9-12 fret area. I will continue to work it toward the low end until I have mastered it across the neck.
While I am reluctant to claim a huge “A-Ha” moment, my new elbow-hand positioning is feeling more natural to me after a few days. Once I get more comfortable with this, the faster, complicated songs seem reachable now.

8 Likes

Congratulations @LittleEric !

5 Likes

Congratulations @bob.oconnor1 !

5 Likes