BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congratz @Fou_Lou , @RoyB and @LeftyChad

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I took my first lesson on May, 29th. I set myself for the 3 month scheduleā€¦ I almost made it, it took quite a bit more but today, 6 October 2021, just few days over 4 months, I completed the course!

What a journey! Some milestones that I canā€™t forget: Billie Jean, Higher and higher, Roxanne, Feel Good, Inc., Red Clay, learning to slap (after so many videosā€¦ I finally got it!), learning to play swingy eights, the different meaning of 6/8 vs 6/4ā€¦ My musical knowledge improved so much, and I am sure that a lot of things went unnoticed because I was too busy, but Josh was giving small gold nuggets of musical expertise all along the way.

I would subscribe to a follow-up of the course right now on the spot, without even checking the price. Josh is really an incredible teacher!

15 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the course, @f.guerrieri . . . :slight_smile:

Good for you!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Congrats @f.guerrieri

5 Likes

Thanks! Also, how could I forget about the ultimate groove workout! I have that blue scale ingrained in my finger, 1, 2, 3, 4-and, ā€¦ love it! Itā€™s helping me both with time and with left hand ā€œdisciplineā€ā€¦

7 Likes

Congrats @f.guerrieri ,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Congratulations @f.guerrieri !

Yes, to everything you said.

5 Likes

Congrats on finishing the course, and your timing was perfect, cuz it was your timing.
Plus, you can always repeat the course, or sections of the course and pick up things that went unnoticed this next time.
That is a great next step, repeating some lessons.
You can find other courses that many of us have taken after B2B, while waiting for B2B 2 within many a thread on here, so I wonā€™t repeat all of them and derail this thread.

7 Likes

Congratulations @f.guerrieri !

6 Likes

Finished! I mean just started - now that I have a hint of how little I know and how much there is to learn! Canā€™t say I passed the course with honors and I know I pushed too fast through a few lessons so I want to go redo some of them. For some reason Papaā€™s got a new bag has really got my number and I gave up on it and didnā€™t retry until today when I at least could stumble through on medium speed. Iā€™m planning on a couple weeks just noodling around with some riffs and full songs (Pink Floyd anybody?) then throw a dab of theory and a few sprinkles of scale work into the mix after getting the Scale Essentials on sale.
I havenā€™t played an instrument since trombone (yay bass) in 8th grade but @JoshFossgreen really made diving back in comfortably challenging!
I already rewarded myself by opening up my Zoom and playing with it today till my fingers hurt and just maybe I will finally put a battery in my Yammy 504 too.

9 Likes

Congrats @EvenSteven !

4 Likes

Congrats @EvenSteven ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Congratulations @EvenSteven !

3 Likes

Congratulations @EvenSteven

4 Likes

Congratulations @EvenSteven !

3 Likes

Well, I just graduated, took me right around 3 months from the time I purchased my bass. I did it all on a 5 string, which I know added some complexity, but well worth the effort. I still canā€™t slap to save my life, but Iā€™m pretty proud with how far my finger technique has come otherwise. What a great course, I really hope we see an intermediate one sometime in the near future.

6 Likes

Congratulation @agorski !

Copied from the other threadā€¦

Me too. The way @JoshFossgreen teaches made all the difference for me. I didnā€™t know how much I needed that in my life till I found it. I canā€™t speak highly enough about the Beginner to BadAss course.

5 Likes

Great job @agorski, congrats!

3 Likes

Congratz!!!

5 Likes

Congrats @agorski
I did the course on a 5 string also. I think doing so gives you somewhat of an advantage over learning on a 4 string.

3 Likes