BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congatlations @ianmitchell ! I knew you could do it!

7 Likes

Congratulations @ianmitchell ,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Outstanding @ianmitchell :+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

Congratulations @ianmitchell ! Nice work!

6 Likes

congrats @ianmitchell

7 Likes

Well now, this BadAss is in a band! :smile: I hung out with the singer for four hours tonight lol, needless to say we really hit it off. The rehearsal space is a former city hall and the city left all the stuff behind.

Our room is a double, has a dry erase board and cabinets already set up lol. Thereā€™s a gym with equipment, the recording studio is in the old prison area :joy: two music stores. The owner has been renovating it for several years over time, and the rent isnā€™t astronomical.

Thereā€™s even a little conference table just down the hall XD

15 Likes

Good for you, K! Rock on!

6 Likes

Congratulations!

7 Likes

I love reused spaces like that. Thereā€™s a brewpub chain in Portland famous for it, and all their locations are awesome. Many are theater pubs, and some have hotels. One is an old grade school, one is an old power station, and one an insane asylum. Lots of others. All are crazy good.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

There are places like that in Cincinnati . Like deep in the ghetto. it was on Elm Street, I called it the Nightmare on Elm Street.
My former employer, the USA HQ was a little north of Cincinnati, in Mason OH. They took us to a company dinner and the bus was driving down ELM Street, and it was serious projects, half the buildings were all boarded up, and overrun by homeless and fuck trap houses, these were trap 10 story buildings.
Thee was actually a City sign near where we got out of the bus warning you not to buy Heroin off these streets, like seriously.
The best was there was an empty lot in between two condemned buildings that were squats, and in the empty lot was a huge L shaped couch, with a coffee table and a few people sitting on it.
On the wall of the building that couch was up against, right above where they were sitting was spray paint on the wall that read ā€œUnder New Managementā€
Like for real, you canā€™t make this shit up.
Me being a California beach boy, with LA being the biggest city I am part way familiar with, have never seen anything like it unless it was on a big screen in a movie theater.
So we got to the drop off point, and thee were well dressed bouncers / door attendants that let us into a nasty looking building.
you go up an elevator to about the 5th floor, anti opens up to a huge room with baseball field (softball or squash ball probably) painted on the floor, volley ball nets, badminton was set up, and a huge bar with an area with bar tables and bar stools.
Then you walk up the next flight of stairs to an awesome fancy bar / restaurant that was amazing. 2 floor s up and you were on the roof top, open air, smoking section, and yes, another bar.
on the floor between the restaurant and the rooftop was a conference / buffet / hall you can rent out for whatever, wedding receptions, company dinners (like I was at), concerts, whatever.
So there were hosts walking around with beverages on trays to serve to guests, and others with trays of delicious treats of tasty small proportion ore 'derves. It was amazing.
we had a company meeting, were served an excellent meal, and our company had some awards to give away, then they let people run around and do whatever they wanted for about an hour, said, be at the bus by 10pm.

It was crazy sick. It was a German name I canā€™t remember, but if any of you are from the Cincinnati area or have been there a lot, I am sure you know what I am talking about.

Yeah, a lot can be done with the buildings we already have, its just that the people with the money make more money developing new tings rather than restoring old things, although, some do, I just donā€™t think it is quite an even rate.
Some places run out of useable land, so then renovation is obviously the choice, but like here whee I live, all they see when they see an area with no houses, is potential to build houses on it, or at least is seems that way.

I enjoy true restoring, not destroying and rebuilding, but actually restoring, or like @howard was talking about, turning something run down that was developed for a completely different reason (school, movie theater, insane asylum), and making it a new and enjoyable place for people to go.

One of the best places I have ever eaten in Ohio, and actually the best Pizza I have ever had In my life was in a small town just south of Lake Erie, between Sandusky and Toledo, and it was called The Depot. It was within walking distance of the house that we (management that did not live in that area permanently) lived in when back there, and it was actually an old train station. You go out back and there was a couple original benches and an old phone like not a pay phone, one you pick up and ask the operator to connect you to who you are going to call. and the train tracks were right there. The original ticket booth was still standing, I think they turned it into the dish washing area, but it was an awesome sports pub and like I said, best pizza I have ever had in my life.

IDK why, but somehow me, the California beach boy has worked for at least 3 companies with HQ, or main plants, or satellite plants in Ohio, so I have spent a bit of time out there, but it was all for work, I did not do a whole lot of things other then work and go out to diner with fellow employees.

I did golf there a couple times, and shoot trap or skeet, or both, I donā€™t remember which is which. The guy that took me was pissed, he Wass an experienced shooter and was in his late 50ā€™s at the time (2004ish) and I had shot shotguns in the desert along with 9mm and MAC 11ā€™s and 38ā€™s, etcā€¦, but never for any form of sport, just cuz I was with friends that all liked to shoot, so I went with them.
So he takes me to shoot between the houses, gives me a shotgun, it was an over under I believe, so you had to re cock it between shots, or maybe it was the side by side, I canā€™t remember, but you did have to re cock it between shots.
so I am standing there we are in front of one of the houses, and then you go around and in the middle and back, each taking a turn. It was pretty fun actually. So, he gives me the gun, shows me what to do, I say pull, so one is flying at me, and one away from me, I squeeze the trigger, and nothing, so I re cock it and nothing. I turn and look and they are all laughing at me (I was being roasted, I was the new guy, first time), but the guy never loaded it.
Ok, so we all laughed it out, I loaded the gun, and said pull, and squeezed the trigger and blasted the birdie coming at me, so I re-codked and squeezed the trigged and blasted the one flying away from me. Turned around with a grin, and said, Jokes on you. HA HA
Its a true story, every detail, and TBH, I didnā€™t have any clue what I was doing, I just pointed and shot. Turns out I am a good shot with a shotgun.
We played thru the round and I beat him. He was so pissed, cuz word got to everybody in the plant, and all day at work people were laughing at him and pumping me up.
It was all in fun and it was a good time, but he never took me again.

2 Likes

Hi all, just completed B2B. Started 06/11/22, finished 07/04/22. :partying_face: :tada:
Going to celebrate tonight with some records and a little tequila.

9 Likes

Congratulations @60HzHum

5 Likes

Thank you.

5 Likes

Congratulations @60HzHum !

5 Likes

Thanks you.

5 Likes

Congratulations @60HzHum ,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes