Congratulations @60HzHum !

6 Likes

congrats @60HzHum

7 Likes

Congrats @Koldunya

7 Likes

Well done @60HzHum ! Congrats!

6 Likes

I did not realize there was a thread for all that have finished. I started last year, got COVID halfway through and did not pick up the bass again for about 2 months. Just lots of fatigue and brain fog, which I still deal with but it is getting better over time. Re-started from the beginning and kept at it. Finished about a week and a half ago I think. Came a long way. I now know my strengths and weaknesses musically. BJ was not a problem. My nemesis turned out to be a song that sounds easy at first, but the tempo got me. “Some Kind of Wonderful”…those shuffle eighths kicked my butt. I kept going back to them after the course and finally got it. Not the cleanest, but I got them and will clean them up over time. I finished the super badass quiz and now can hold my own in a jam. I started working on Ari Caps books and am learning the diatonic triads at the moment. Everything is easier now.

12 Likes

Well done @EddieJones

7 Likes

I was late posting as I did not realize we had a thread about finishing B2B. Glad to see you are getting better Pam. You along with just a few others are the heart and soul of B2B

7 Likes

Congratulations @EddieJones !

7 Likes

Congrats!

6 Likes

Congratulations @EddieJones

6 Likes

Congrats, @EddieJones!

7 Likes

Congrats @EddieJones ,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

congrats @EddieJones

7 Likes

Graduated August 2020. Been continuing to practice and learning songs since then. Any word on if Josh is coming out with a new course anytime soon?

8 Likes

For those that did talkingbass after completing Beginner to Badass, what module did you begin with at talkingbass?

4 Likes

Congrats @phillyball

5 Likes

Scale Essentals. I took that course concurrent with B2B. After that, I took the Chord Tone course.

5 Likes

Radio silence.

Keep in mind that B2B just cracks the door to bass playing. The contents of the “room” inside are diverse and vast, full of different musical genres and interests.

In other words, players diverge once beginner steps are done.

So, for a teacher, trying to design a curriculum that would appeal to some/a lot/most post-beginner players is likely a daunting task.

7 Likes

Well stated @MikeC!

I concur… it’s highly unlikely Josh will build an advanced course when there are "graduate school " courses available ala carte at TalkingBass and a few other sites.

5 Likes

Exactly.

And God knows Mark Smith spends a hell of a lot time producing and marketing his excellent college music school-level courses, not to mention his hundreds of freebie YT vids. TalkingBass.net is his full-commitment, zero-nonsense business whose courses won’t appeal to every post-beginner bass player.

Yep. Everyone begins. But trying to figure out where most want to go after that beginning is a complex business puzzle.

6 Likes