Bass Buzz LIVE HANGOUT IN ORANGE COUNTY

yes In and Out is amazing and we dont have those in Canada so its always a treat when we go to the US, speaking of remember when the border was open? LOL

3 Likes

What I don’t get about five guys burger is why they wrap their burger so dame tight with foil paper. All of the crust the spent developing during cooking just get soggy. Everytime I go there I have to tell them no wraps.

What you’d get is In”N”Out quality with extra bells and whistles.

Sorry I’m a burger nerd I make my own ketchup:)

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with either of those things.

3 Likes

I’m in Oceanside, work in Costa Mesa right next to the airport. Didn’t know there were any bass buzzers nearby. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out. I am indeed in San Diego (north county).

Unfortunately I will be in St. Louis visiting my son that weekend, but I’m definitely up for future events.

3 Likes

My wife loves South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa is a pretty cool area :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I do not see a problem with this. :rofl:

I like 5 Guys - their burgers and rolls are really good (IMO)…

I’m East Coast though, so never had INO.

Shake Shack is a good burger too…

3 Likes

Kinda didn’t like Shake Shack. Reminded me of steamburgers, which I don’t really like.

Here’s my current favorite burger place:

Wagyu burgers, they grind the meat on-site too. Expensive but amazing.

Hilarious location, it’s in Kabukicho. Open late too, so good for people watching.

They only do take-out now due to corona, so you buy your $20 burger, and eat it outside on the street :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a chef, we went through the $1000 burger craze back in the day. Usually the max cost for the half pound burger is no more than a $100 loaded. The rest it’s the $1000 bottle of wine the serve with it.

We made some crazy scoobies(kitchen snacks) with A5 wagu, white truffle sliced, foie gras, sautéed chanterelle and homemade ketchup. Still doesn’t cost more than $40 but there’s no better ingredients. Now I’m hungry.

4 Likes

Yeah, Wagyu is obviously cheaper here of course, so the burgers end up being $10-20. I can get a nice wagyu steak in the store for about $20 too.

Should clarify that while their meat is all wagyu (as in, domestic Japanese beef), it’s varying in grade - all high grade but not all the super marbled $200 steak meat you see in the US. Some, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You also don’t have ‘regular’ ketchup.
What you all do to ketchup is a sin, and those ketchup chips don’t do it any favors either.

3 Likes

Ketchup is one of those things you do one of two things with - you either make it in the restaurant, or you use Heinz 57. Most other choices are bad.

Restaurant made turns out great. But if it is in a bottle, people just expect Heinz.

3 Likes

I was out in San Diego for about a year working and totally miss the fast food burger options out there. East coast has NOTHING on you in this department. I used to love Carl’s Jr.

Shake Shack is a fad to me and always better in theory than reality.
Fudruckers used to be the total bomb but has nose dived of late.
And my older stomach can’t stomach White Castle anymore, but I can still dream about binging on those late at night.

3 Likes

Fuddruckers used to be solid for sure. Sad to hear they are going downhill.

Carls is amazing when what you want is a super sloppy messy cheap fast food burger. They are here too but they make them “perfectly” - i.e. not all slopped up and cheap. Which just loses the real reason you go to Carls jr.

3 Likes

Awesome, you work near my apartment.
Would love to have you join us for the group lunch @santino

3 Likes

You made me hungry, and I just ate. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, San Diego also has a Big Kahuna Burger, as in

“Can I have a bite of your tasty burger?”
“That is a tasty burger, where you all get this from”
“Big Kahuna Burger, thats that HAY-WYAN Burger joint aint it”
“See my girlfriend is a vegetarian, that makes me pretty much a vegetarian, so I don’t get to eat a tasty burger too often”
“What you drinking”?
“Can I have some of your refreshing beverage to wash down this tasty burger”

Yeah, don’t think there are any left out here, but, I do remember from WAY BACK WHEN, they were bomb.

2 Likes

@howard $20 is about normal in Toronto I mean other than the fast food chains thats par for the course aroudn here. There is a burger at at place called Bymark which is $35 and of course or famous $100 burger:

2 Likes

They don’t make them like that anymore, pretty dry, unless you ask for extra sauce. Still, I think that the original Western Bacon Cheeseburger is probably my all time favorite low grade fast food burger.
I would put In-n-out in the same category as 5 guys and The Habit, above things like Burger Queen and McDumbell’s, Rally, Sonic, etc…

I do likeThe Habit, after In-n-out and before 5 guys for burgers, but they have lots more to offer then just burgers, so other things on the menu are great too.
Seared Ahi Salad
Ahi Sandwich
Brisket sandwich
fried green beans,
Etc…

Oh yeah, I love Carls (Hardees) Fried Zucchini.

2 Likes

I don’t remember if it was Red Robin, or The Red Onion that had The Inflation Burger - $500.
Pretty sure it was just on the menu as a joke, but that was at least 20 years ago, so I don’t remember for sure.

2 Likes