Bass Buzz LIVE HANGOUT IN ORANGE COUNTY

@JerryP will be in San Diego for 2 weeks upcoming, and will be in town over the weekend July 17th and 18th. He is planning to drive up to my area so we can go grab lunch and hang out and shoot the shit, who knows what.

I know there are others on this forum that are in the San Diego, LA and Orange County Area. I wonder if more people would like to meet up for a Bass Buzz lunch somewhere in Orange County, near Costa Mesa / Newport Beach on Saturday July 17th or Sunday July 18th.
Keep in mind there is a B2B live hang online in a Zoom meeting on Sunday July 18th, although, if it will get more people to attend this live lunch, we can miss the Online Live Chat.

So I know
@Al1885(West Covina),
@JPHaggerty (Palm Desert)
@NipperDog (Pasadena IIRC).
@BigAl (Covina?)

Who am I missing? I think there are a couple others within a 2 hour drive.
Of course it is not limited to a 2 hour radius. I know Pam @PamPurrs is approx. 5 hour drive, maybe would want to drive out for the weekend and escape the heat with Sara?

Really anybody, worldwide could attend, if they planned to be in the area. I realize it is not really feasible for most or all, but the offer stands, in case.

Anybody else within driving distance to Orange County, CA?

If you are going to be in the area, and would like to attend, please respond, and state your preference, Sat or Sun.

Location TBD, but probably Huntington or Newport Beach area.
Time, TBD.
There is a Guitar Center right near the freeway in Fountain Valley (Huntington Beach), if anybody wants to make a stop in the music store after lunch.

11 Likes

I believe I’m out of town in Rapid City, SD that weekend for Freedom Fest. I will double check and get back to you.
However, if I’m out of town I’ll make an effort to get in the zoom meeting.

6 Likes

BigAl (Los Angeles,Garvanza, boarderline Pasadena.)

5 Likes

Cool idea, Toby.

Kind of amazing that the forum has become big enough that something like this is even possible.

6 Likes

My wife’s parents are in Northridge, so we get there reasonably often. It could happen.

6 Likes

Any other bass buzzers in Toronto (GTA) ?

3 Likes

Does that mean you would like to join us?

3 Likes

Yes, if I can make it. Not 100% sure.

4 Likes

Thanks for the invite Toby, I dropped off my bass for a plek service a few days ago at 13th street if the schedule jive when I pickup we can definitely do lunch. That’s in your neck of the wood right?

4 Likes

Yeah, not too far, its in Huntington Beach, so should work out great.

3 Likes

I just remembered @spidey9 (San Diego)
In case you did not notice the link, you are welcome of course.
If I think of anymore, I will add to the list.

2 Likes

I knew I should have stayed in Santa Ana for a few more years. :wink: Have fun, all!

5 Likes

Well, you would have been right next door to me in Costa Mesa

4 Likes

All the more reason! Hangouts on the regular would be awesome. And I miss In N’ Out, too :smiley:

6 Likes

I just learned last night about a G&L store front in Huntington Beach. I have been wanting to get my hands on a G&L bass (if only to pick up and play a few notes in a store).
Maybe others would like to go there after lunch.

There is In-n-Out, Literally across the street from my front door.
I walk there when I want to.

Closed right now, but thats how close

5 Likes

NICE. Our “regular” INO was at The Market Place in Tustin. It was equi-distant from everyone in our regular pack of hoodlums. My diet would not survive having one so close. I think there was one in the mall near home, but that place was too popular and the wait was always out the door.

4 Likes

I was introduced to In n Out when I lived in the L.A. area for a few years. Then, I moved to Portland (Oregon) for a couple years (no In n Out), and then when I moved here to Phoenix I discovered they have In n Out here. Yay!

4 Likes

In N Out is great, but Portland has Burgerville. Portland wins :slight_smile:

(Five Guys is there now too)

4 Likes

I don’t really care for 5 guys.
And they give WAY too much fries.

“What would you like”

“A burger and small fries.”

Puts purger in smallest brown paper bag, little bigger than a lunch bag, and fills it to the rim with fries.

“There you go, Small fries.”

Never had Burgerville

4 Likes

Burgerville is fast food, but really good fast food. Not actually better than In-N-Out, but pretty damn good. I like them better but probably more for nostalgia.

4 Likes