Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nice @Vegaswizzle. Well played. Great upbeat mood to the song (which I’d not heard before). I was just bopping away on the subway train on my way to a meeting, the rest of the commuters think I am quite mad, I’m sure.

PS. C’mon Ibanez, you can make those basses left handed, can’t ya?

3 Likes

Well done. I’ve never heard that song before so can’t comment on how accurate it was, but it sounded good and that’s what really counts.

4 Likes

Very nicely played @Vegaswizzle ,
Good fingering technique on both hands, great tone and that is 1 awesome bass,
Don’t know the song but your playing sounded like it was right in the pocket,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice cover Toby @T_dub ,
Your bass was right on point, great tone in the mix,
Well done,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thank you Brian. That is a fun one to play.

3 Likes

Thanks @JDDaniel !
We’re supposed to be getting together on the 17th or 18th of July somewhere in SO CAL.
Bass Buzz LIVE HANGOUT IN ORANGE COUNTY

6 Likes

Good evening everyone! Relax, sit back and let Ed take you back to the 20s - the 1720s - with the prelude to Bach’s cello suite no.1 in G major, as transcribed by bach2bass

I’ve been grinding this one for a few months now and it’s more or less ready apart from a couple of bars at the end. And a few bum notes in the middle. I reckon I’ll have a more decent version ready in a couple more weeks.

I tell you what - learning this piece has been a real labour of love but I’d say it’s been worth it. You pick up some great little motifs from the practice and if you play with different tempos and phrasings (and some effects) you can make it sound bluesy, Kraftwerky or just generally really mellow.

14 Likes

That’s great. Definite fretting endurance workout by the looks of it.

5 Likes

Oh yeah - it’s fingers in the ice bucket for sure

3 Likes

Nice work @Ed sounds great!

Nice piece to work out

5 Likes

Ed that was great! I could listen to that all day. Have you tried using your thumb to hit the lower drone notes? Thinking classical guitar style or something.

4 Likes

Thanks! You know that’s not a bad idea - the final set of chords are a bit tricky for the fingering.

3 Likes

That’s a tough one but you tackled it and did quite well. I look forward to hearing it when you grind down all the speed bumps.
Good job! :musical_note: :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

:grin:

4 Likes

Very nice. Very different and very gentle on the ears . :+1:

5 Likes

Nice job @Ed ,
Great fingering work on both hands and getting around the fretboard, dont know the piece at all but you did a cool job,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Woah, really great playing :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Very nice @Ed ! Keep it up.

7 Likes

Good job @Ed !

5 Likes

Nice job @Vegaswizzle !

5 Likes