Bass Forums are Full of Idiots

11 Likes

Sounds like TB to me I gotta tell you it’s intimidating being on their forum it seems like over half are session professionals and moonlighting as mechanical and electrical engineers with a shock jock talk show host witty comebacks.

Since my bass knowledge only extends a few basses I own/ owned I won’t be swimming in that water, :joy:

7 Likes

TB is trash. It’s a latrine full of Dunning-Kruger boomer stereotypes and Fender cultists. Avoid avoid avoid.

4 Likes

Or did President of Yamaha Music Foundation Takuya Nakata tell you to say that? :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

He rings the tuning fork, I obey

11 Likes

:grin: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Never trust anybody in a forum. Especially that @eric.kiser guy. He has no clue what he’s talking about! LoL! :rofl::+1:

I needed this today. Thanks for the video.

6 Likes

Oh Carrots!

:rofl: :joy:

1 Like

By the way, I’m lucky. I boycott DarkGlass early on at the beginning of lockdown. Saved myself tens of thousands.

That was funny. Prolly wasn’t supposed to be, but it was.

3 Likes

I’m on the Facebook forum, “Bass Players”. There is a real interesting mix of good, supportive advice and BS. The things I find particularly annoying are:

A) people posting unnamed pics of someone holdings bass, with the line, “You’re not a proper bassist unless you know who this is…”
B) the near constant finger vs pick “debate”
C) positing unnamed tabs, again in some daft attempt to prove who is a “proper bassist” and who isn’t

One learns to move on…

Regarding the video above, is it wrong to lust after a Dingwall NG3….? :wink:

5 Likes

Not wrong at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s only wrong if you don’t pair it with a buttload of Dark Glass stuff. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Honestly even if it is done to death it’s still a fantastic sound :rofl:

1 Like

No :canada: but my wallet is super happy I don’t like the look of them :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Agree, TB is trash. Many years ago, (before I found this forum) I signed up there and posted a question, it was answered with many snarky attitudes and within a day after I signed up, I asked an admin to remove any trace of my registration to that forum, they honored my request… and I’ve never gone back.

3 Likes

TB is (seriously) great. As a buy and selll forum. For pretty much anything else?

2 Likes

I like this one

5 Likes

You kinda have to belong in some kind of bass clubs if you want to join, lol.

1 Like