Bass Guitar Stores Netherlands

So was not really planning to buy a new Bass guitar this fast… But I kinda fell in love with the Ibanez SR300E… The price range, the look, it had it all. So I watched a lot of review video’s this weekend and decided to go the store today (went to Bax Music in Amsterdam). My intention was to feel the Bass, look around for some other basses. But in this store they had not a lot in the same price range. Only a couple of hunders higher, or really really cheap, like around 100EUR.
So I tried this Bass in the store (well I play now for 2 weeks, so it was not something special - I can play Another on Bites the Dust for 90%). And I felt the difference right a way. The neck is much smaller and the action is so much better then the Dean I have from my friend…

So long story short, I bought a Bass!!! Really in love with this Ibanez SR300E Black :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Great choice! Ibanez basses are known for their slim, fast necks, and are great value for money. Enjoy it!

2 Likes

Oh really? :joy: Grats on your new bass. Can’t go wrong on that Ibanez. :metal:

1 Like

Pretty one! It looks tall and slim :smile:Congratulations! :heart:
I am planning to buy my bass “for life” in June. Only that I have already chosen which one, now must only wait.

2 Likes

the weathered black definitely looks metal af. congrats!

1 Like

Yes great choice. I was always curious about Ibanez. This one will have bags of tone. I’ve seen some great players using Ibanez. Carol Kaye being one. I’m left handed and Fender/Squire is good for lefty’s. I’m a seasoned lover of P-Bass but I have a Jazz bass that I adore also. My first bass was a an active bass by Westone, from the same factory, I think . Have you had the bass set up professionally? If you haven’t I recommend it and buy your string online first as the stores range might not be great. Think about your favourite bassists or songs. You might want bright strings or flat wounds. Brand wise, Dunlop are my goto strings. Never failed me. I like rock and I use nickel wound super brights when I can. Happy playing. Great choice again.

1 Like

Funny how this works!
What a difference a day makes.

Enjoy the new bass! Looks killer!

For future reference, you will say all this again…when you buy your next bass.

2 Likes

Thanks for your tips!
I have not set it up professionally, didn’t know that was something I could do!!

My boyfriend plays guitar and he is a big Ibanez fan. Do maybe that’s why I already had a little bit of love for Ibanez.

I think the strings are fine, I already have a set of new strings at home. I bought Ernie Balls (also because my boyfriend always use the Ernie Ball strings, so that was an easy choice).

So many too look into, sometimes it feels like a lot and I want all too fast.
But it’s all going to be OK!

Thanks!! I really like getting feedback and tips :grin:

1 Like

Haha yes! I think I’m not the only one with this kinda story :rofl:

Oh setups are very important.
Strings are very personal. You may end up finding you like something else.

1 Like

Yeah i recommend the D’Addario strings. Tell your boyfriend he should try those too. :grin:

1 Like

Ibanez ships with D’Addario so you’re already getting experience with them :slight_smile: Now you have some Ernie Balls to try when those wear out. You’re on your way to finding the strings you like!

Lol this is a faster journey on guitar where they tend to wear out more quickly XD

2 Likes

Hi there!

1 Like

My first Fender J came from Huigens music in Hengelo and my latest will go for a full setup to Paul’s Bassmatters in Nijmegen, practically around the corner for me, it’s a pure bass shop which is extremely rare.

Hello @PiercedenNiston…welcome to the subterranean abyss

1 Like

Welcome, @PiercedenNiston. If you would, consider going to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

There are bass players in the Netherlands - in fact, there’s a pretty big music scene here in general. As far as stores go, a few would be worth checking out. Red Sound Music in Amsterdam is a good one, and they carry many different brands. Another option is Bax Music, which has locations in a few different cities. They also have a pretty good selection. You might also like some of the best guitar accessories here. When it comes to choosing a bass, it depends on what kind of sound you’re going for. A P-bass might be a good option if you’re looking to play rock or metal. But ultimately, it’s up to you to try out different basses and see what you like best. I hope this helps, and good luck with your search!

1 Like

Paul rules! I always watch his website for unique used stuff.

He sure does.
He made some changes to my newest baby and it sounds AMAZING.
If you have an active/passive switch on your bass he can add a wire that makes a lot of difference when you play active as normally the midrange knob is useless in active mode but with a wire added it works perfectly. This applies to Fenders for sure, don’t know about other manufacturers.

And it’s practically around the corner from me as I live in the Ooijpolder so he’s the closest store along with Stockenhofmusic in Beek.

1 Like

Cool!