Bass Transcription Depot

Glad you like the Oils…been a great Oz band for years. I learned a bit of this song…not easy to keep consistent is it?? I think its like 13x for that riff. I use it for a warm up quite often.

3 Likes

It’s one of the toughest covers I’ve done, but I’m proud to have pulled it off.

3 Likes

Bass and piano for “Water Me”. (154.5 KB PDF)

From the album, Cuz I Love You, by Lizzo. Ricky Reed is the bass player. I am mainly interested in the bass line. I just added the piano for context. You can “play” the transcription from the MuseScore web site, but there is a better rendering of it in my SoundCloud account. FWIW, I scored it in MuseScore, exported it as a MIDI file, loaded that into Ableton Live, exported it as a .wav file, then uploaded that to SoundCloud.

3 Likes

Here’s a transcription for “Go” by The Chemical Brothers. Simple but a bit challenging due to the 120bpm tempo and 16th notes. The slide in the 8th measure is probably a synth and not bass guitar, but I included it because it sounds cool played as a double stop on the bass. Similarly, the bass in the “Chorus” after the percussion break sounds like a synth cello, and the “Break (synth)” is definitely a synth bass, but I included them anyway. It’s also available on MuseScore.

3 Likes

Thanks, this should be a fun 16th note exercise.

Used to listen to a lot of Chemical Brothers back in the day… Block Rockin Beats is still one of my favourite songs.

3 Likes