Bass Transcription Depot

I hope this is the proper forum in which to start this tread; If it isn’t, @JoshFossgreen feel free to move it.

Some of us do our own transcriptions, and this would be a good place to share them with others.

To get it started, here’s my bass transcription to The Doors, People are Strange. We can’t upload PDFs here, so I’m linking it to my site. Maybe someone can come up with a way for everyone to deposit their PDFs in a central location. @JoshFossgreen ?

Here’s People are Strange

19 Likes

Here’s Train Train by Blackfoot

11 Likes

The links do not work for me. :slightly_frowning_face:
The screen just flashes and stays on the thread.

4 Likes

Thanks, it works for me.

3 Likes

work for me as well. @Celticstar - what are you trying to open the links with? Maybe your device doesn’t support pdf?

4 Likes

Just shared this recently in another thread, but to put it in a central place, here’s “Heaven” by Talking Heads. Only transcription I’ve done so far, but will be doing more.

8 Likes

According to @PamPurrs

Regardless my desktop uses Adobe Reader for PDFs and I read and create PDFs all the time so that can’t be the issue

Just tried the links again with the same negative results.

What is the url for your website @PamPurrs

3 Likes

It’s a direct link to the PDF and works fine for me.
Her website is https://pampurrs.com/ but I did not find a way to navigate to the transcriptions.

Have you tried rightclicking the link → save as… ?
Might work as it is a link directly to the pdf.

Or some kind of antivirus or browser extensions of yours maybe blocks links directly to the pdf?

2 Likes

Worked fine for me too.

2 Likes

Check your Downloads folder… Most likely the PDF is downloaded in the background instead of being opened directly. You may find multiple copies of the files you tried to open in there.

8 Likes

www.pampurrs.com … but there isn’t a direct link for my transcriptions. Perhaps I’ll add one when I get some time.

2 Likes

That was the issue.
Thank You :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy to help :blush:

6 Likes

In your browser’s settings you can specify what it should do with various file types. Usually the options are to open in browser, open with (app), save, or always ask.

Yours apparently is set to always save pdf documents.

3 Likes

Great idea Pam! I don’t know a way for people to attach .pdfs directly here, uploading them offsite and posting links is probably the only option.

Unless someone wanted to see up an upload zone on their personal site, so people with the link could stick .pdfs, but that’d be some work to maintain and keep spam free!

3 Likes

You can allow the .pdf extension in Discourse but that is up to you Josh. Usually PDF files aren’t that big and I assume Discourse has a max file-size upload restriction.

4 Likes

Thanks @Paul, .pdfs are now allowed as attachments!

Here’s what they’ll look like in a post -
Bach Cello Suite I - Prelude.pdf (75.6 KB)

12 Likes

Holy crap. That is a cool feature. Thanks for implementing that.

4 Likes

I assume that this Up arrow on the ribbon, 7th from the left, that used to be the photo uploader is the way to upload PDF"s ?

C3C177BC-6C69-4561-BAD1-3F35E97F3D58_4_5005_c

Yeah I see it now, but for those that don’t know, that is the way to upload pictures or pdf files.

Very cool, Thanks @JoshFossgreen

3 Likes

Here’s my latest… Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil.

Key of E minor
120 BPM
1/8 notes throughout
4:20

I posted my cover of this song here

It’s a great endurance exercise
Beds are burning.pdf (919.7 KB)

3 Likes