Bassaversary

Congrats on all the many happy bassiversaries!

Today is my own 4th bassiversary - yay! Still enjoying the heck out of it!!

For all you recent and upcoming bassiversarists, here is a little bass fanfare (sorry, Jaco!):

EDIT: I just realized Dec 1 is also Jaco’s birthday - wow, what a cool coincidence! Happy B’day, Jaco!

13 Likes

Happies!

5 Likes

Congrats, @joergkutter. Cool playing on a very beautiful bass. :wink:

6 Likes

Congratulations @joergkutter

7 Likes

Awesome, congratz

7 Likes

Congratulations @joergkutter !

6 Likes

Congrats @joergkutter

4 Likes

Thanks, Pam! I guess you had very much something else to worry about around that time :grimacing:

Hope you are improving each day!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I have a lot of catching up to do.

4 Likes

Today is my one year bassaversary…that went by quick! Only my third month on the forum, but I checked my amazon order history and it says 2/11/2022 my first POS Ibanez was delivered. I initially only bought the instrument to see if I would enjoy playing it and I got so incredibly sucked in, here we are a year later and I am so happy with the progress I have made. I just finished my 23rd full cover last night, with the first one finished on 1/18 of this year. Not sure I can keep up that kind of pace as I move into more difficult material, but my mindset has quickly shifted from “I can’t play that” to “What can’t I play?”. I enrolled in the B2B in December, and still haven’t finished (currently on Module 15). Josh and the whole BassBuzz community have been incredibly helpful for me so I want to give a big thank you to everyone here that has helped me. Can’t wait to see where I am at the end of year 2!

11 Likes

Congrats!

You’re doing extremely well for being only a year in!

4 Likes

It’s been four years since I joined the BassBuzz gang! Looking forward to the next four+ years with all of you great people here on the best forum on the interweb.

16 Likes

Pretty much work in progress (very much so…), but I wanted to post something to commemorate my 5th bassiversary (Dec 1).

Also, Happy Birthday, Jaco!

This is from Palewell Park (composer: Bill Bruford) and has a tricky bass part with long jumps along the fingerboard and across strings. Jeff Berlin played on the original and I have a long way to go to get there (and finish the rest of the piece).

(Recorded only with the laptop microphone - sorry for the sub-par sound here).

8 Likes

You sound great there!

Am I hearing it wrong or is the piano often dischordant? I don’t mean with you, I mean with itself. At times it sounded pretty chromatic.

Wow, five years. Congrats. I think mine is in March.

2 Likes

Well done, my friend. Really melodic. Kudos to you!

3 Likes

Yes, you are probably right. The piano track is not EQ’ed out from the original - it’s from a guy here in Denmark who plays bass and piano and had sent me the “piano only” part. He is more of a bassist than a piano player, but it’s also probably not recorded with the hightest fidelity to start with. And… potentially not fully in tune internally :wink:

Yeah, I know… Where have those years gone? :rofl:
I know you are right behind me! (There’s gotta be a few more of us old-timers in here remaining…)

3 Likes

Thanks, Mike - it’s a long-term project… The remainder of the tune gets a bit hairier still :wink:

4 Likes

You got this. Just a matter of doing the work. :+1:

3 Likes

Well done and congratulations on five years!

3 Likes