Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

I’m 13, I live in England and I started bass a few days ago.

10 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Oh my!

2 Likes

1 Like

Judging by the reactions to my age, I think I’m the youngest person on the forum. Cool.

6 Likes

Indeed… It is fantastic as well! I would love to hear about your story?

Like what inspired you to play the bass? Is there anyone playing any instruments at home?

You could pay a visit to introduction thread!

3 Likes

I first got into bass when I found Davie504. I really liked his channel which also made me really like bass. But then I stopped watching him after a while because his content started leaning more towards the personality and memey kind of content. But that didn’t stop me from forgetting about bass. I eventually found BassBuzz and Josh which is also around the same time I got my bass.

My brother plays piano but that’s where it ends for family members who play instruments.

8 Likes

Im 43 live in the north of england at the mo but will moving south again soon. Played guitar for a long time but never really learnt it in depth… I could play but didnt know what I was playing what all the notes and chords were… Havent played for a while but really excited about learning music properly and its really going to change my style… Different influences. Something else im excited about is learning songs from artists I like iv never really did that… So just really looking forward to the journey.

5 Likes

It’s been a couple of months, and I know we have had a passel of new people join the forum. So how about all you new Buzzers participate in the poll that @Jazzbass19 started last year?
Join in, it’s fun stuff!

6 Likes

34, from Florida USA.

6 Likes

I think I already wrote this in the introduction thread, but I voted in the poll now.
I’m 30 and I am temporarily living in North America (but originally from Africa - a bit sad not to be the first person to tick that box!)

5 Likes

@dravernor Since it’s less than 1% it shows as 0%. I know there are a few people at least. Did it show you how many when you clicked on it. It’s been so long since I did this poll. I don’t remember if it shows anything different when you make a selection.

5 Likes

Ahh right. I didn’t see it mention when I voted, but maybe I wasn’t paying attention.

4 Likes

Hey, I feel a little left out on that continent question. LOL
I never really thought about it, but I don’t live on a continent… I live on a continental plate in the middle of the ocean. LOL
I guess I just simply affiliate with North America… LOL

5 Likes

Well I’m 53 as of last week and from Ireland (That wet little island off the west coast of Europe)

I hadn’t played bass before Bass Buzz but have played guitar. When I started Bass Buzz I committed fully to it and stored my guitars away out of sight so I’ve played only Bass since 4/4/21.

I have to admit, I’m hooked.
I’m loving the progress I’ve made thanks to B2B and am addicted to the visceral THUMP of the bass.

11 Likes

Sorry for being so late to the poll: 64 living in the SoCal desert near Palm Springs.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how you go on with your guitars when you go back to them. I literally couldnt play it felt like a childs toy in my hand was so strange.

6 Likes

@HowlinDawg and @JPHaggerty be sure to fill out the demographics poll as well. Thanks!

5 Likes

My daughter plays a 3/4 Strat. I changed the strings on it last week and it felt like a Ukulele as I was tuning it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It IS a ukulele, compared to anything most people play on this forum.

4 Likes