Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

Ok, My former employer was headquartered in Mason, actually across the highway from Kings Island. Another company I worked for 15 years ago was in Fremont, a lil north of you. I have not been back there in a cpl years however. I am in So Cal, Huntington Beach.

4 Likes

I went to Cali for the very first time last year. Stayed in Beverly Hills and went to Venice Beach. LOVED it. Got a tat while I was there. Loved the people and the atmosphere overall. Could have done without the traffic tho. Lol.

5 Likes

I appreciate your kind words, @rory . . . :slight_smile:

I suppose itā€™s difficult to do anything without getting some criticism {lol}

Although the poll may be fun, it can indeed be an accurate reflection of our membership. I also hoped it would prove helpful as a tool for developing future courses at Bassbuzz.

Thanks again to everyone for their participation.

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

Thatā€™s why I love the Covid lockdown. I can actually go places. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No, youā€™re not mistaken, @eric.kiser . . . :slight_smile:

There IS at least one member from Africa, but 1/200+ is less than 0.5% and the number doesnā€™t display because of rounding. We also have a few members from South America, and depending on the total votes that have come in, the number doesnā€™t display until it reaches 1% or more of the total. You may have noticed that sometimes it shows 1% and other times itā€™s 0%.

Thus, for South America and Africa, 0% can be interpreted as ā€œless than 1%ā€.

I did not include Antarctica because no one lives there on a permanent basis.

Thanks for all your support, Eric . . . I really appreciate it . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

It might that big banana :grinning:

5 Likes

217 voters, and, gotta be more, as there are lots of new faces lately in the forums!

6 Likes

Just finished the pollā€¦kinda surprised that more than 25% are older than 56 no real surprises past that.

8 Likes

Weā€™ve had a spate of new members lately. Please take this poll that @Jazzbass19 went to the trouble to create so we all have a better idea of what a mix of people we have here. Itā€™s just for fun, so take the poll if you want to.

8 Likes

So many more new members!! Welcome All!!

Since @Jazzbass19 Joe is out on sick leave, I though it was time to resurrect this thread that he started some time backā€¦

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny (a 7%ā€™r)

7 Likes

Okay folks, weā€™ve had a passel of new members lately, so itā€™s time to remind everyone to please take the poll that @Jazzbass19 created for us. Itā€™s a fun poll and just gives us an idea of what we have here.

Itā€™s not mandatory, but if you take the poll there will be homemade cookies (you have to come to my house to get them).

6 Likes

Thanks for the reminder Pam.

Giving this another bump to get the attention of all our newcomers. :+1:

6 Likes

That wonā€™t happen anytime soon @PamPurrs, to pick my cookie up from your place :bagel: But thanks anyway :netherlands:

4 Likes

Iā€™m 13, I live in England and I started bass a few days ago.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!

2 Likes

Oh my!

2 Likes

1 Like

Judging by the reactions to my age, I think Iā€™m the youngest person on the forum. Cool.

6 Likes

Indeedā€¦ It is fantastic as well! I would love to hear about your story?

Like what inspired you to play the bass? Is there anyone playing any instruments at home?

You could pay a visit to introduction thread!

3 Likes

I first got into bass when I found Davie504. I really liked his channel which also made me really like bass. But then I stopped watching him after a while because his content started leaning more towards the personality and memey kind of content. But that didnā€™t stop me from forgetting about bass. I eventually found BassBuzz and Josh which is also around the same time I got my bass.

My brother plays piano but thatā€™s where it ends for family members who play instruments.

8 Likes