Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

I don’t have any more time than I did at a younger age, I just have more freedom of choices as far as investing it. Time, like money, has boundaries. More import than what you have is what you spend it on ;o)
ps: I’m an old fart and new to B2B, I really don’t know how I managed to get in this forum

6 Likes

I think you will be surprised how many of us are around the same age and plenty of folks here are older. :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Because you belong here. You’ll see :wink:

6 Likes

@eric.kiser don’t tar all of us with the same brush :yum:

We’re not all equally, erm…‘wise’

5 Likes

Northeast US, 58 now, 54 when I restarted playing after a 40 year break. Kind of kicking myself for waiting so long to get back to it.

7 Likes

Gadget, I am pretty sure you did some cool stuff inbetween playing bass. :smiley: And, I have kinda done the same thing, if a bit with a shorter break.

4 Likes

Now that I think about it I have had a pretty cool life up to this point. I have a degree in electronics, spent 17 years as an electronics tech for Motorola. Was a BEI certified American Sign Language interpreter, worked at that part time for 5 years, then a commercial helicopter pilot from 2003-2017. Teaching others to fly, offshore in the Gulf of Mexico briefly, aerial tours of the Grand Canyon (best job ever). Then medevac helicopters from 2010-2018, then I grew a brain tumor that put a halt to all that. Found myself sitting at home bored between radiation, chemo treatments and the multitude of doctor appts. Decided it was finally time to start playing again. Now I have 3 Bass guitars, a 4 1/2 year old granddaughter and a 4 1/2 month old grandson to occupy my time. I guess that’s a pretty decent life.

15 Likes

Always wished I had done this…

3 Likes

I was reading the postings in or around the 5th unit and Josh had posted a link to the forum, otherwise I wouldn’t have known it existed.

4 Likes

Just discovered this old poll and found it interesting. Do the oldtimers here feel it’s worth reviving every so often as new Buzzers pass through?

5 Likes

Absolutely

5 Likes

You walked right into that oldtimer trap, oldtimer :joy:

7 Likes

Hee, hee, hee. :grin:

6 Likes

Oops.

Sorry.

Do the long-term, veteran, wise, and senior BassBuzz forum mavens here feel it’s worth reviving every so often as new Buzzers pass through?
:grinning:

6 Likes

Could this poll be updated to include male or female? Also adapted for that question to be inclusive of all identifications. Seems like this forum is mostly male.

3 Likes

Venerable, wizened, decrepit. :older_man:

:rofl:

3 Likes

This might not be possible (or simple) due to technical challenges alone - the original poster is sadly no longer with us.

That said, perhaps it is time for a new poll, which someone carefully designs before posting :wink:

5 Likes

RIP @Jazzbass19 Joe - you are missed here.

14 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter @John_E , the forum continues to be helpful in ways beyond bass. This loss happened before I returned to Bassbuzz, so I was unaware of the sad occurrence. The words of @Jazzbass19 - If I had gone 2 years earlier when my Dr. recommended… were words that just caused me to just schedule my 2 year late colonoscopy.

9 Likes

Just had mine a few months ago!!

Ask for the pills (prep) Vs the liquid, it’s MUCH easier.

5 Likes