So, both my basses are active basses, and require a 9 volt battery, and you have to have a working battery in them to get any sound to the amp. I also like to just leave the bass plugged into the amp, as I grab it multiple times in a day sometimes, and just play around with it.
If I leave the cable plugged into the bass, the battery drains pretty fast, maybe a couple of weeks or so. If I pull the cable from the bass each time I play, the battery lasts much longer, but I’ve had to go in and tighten the nut on the output jack (by opening up the cavity compartment) now on both the basses as it gets loose over time when the cable gets plugged in and unplugged. Also, I worry that the tiny solder joints will eventually come loose from doing this so much.
Anyone else have this problem? Just like the pedal thread, why don’t they just put an on/off switch on an active bass? I remember @Korrigan posting something about this once in a project bass thread, to just install one yourself. But, that’s not for everyone, plus, these are my “good” basses, the cavity is pretty full already, and this kind of surgery could get botched!
What do you all do?