Best practice tool ever! Boss Waza Air Bass headphones

I just got a pair of the Boss Waza-Air Bass headphones, and holy smokes!!! These things are incredible. I can totally listen to my lessons, or music, and hear my bass playing all in one set of nice wireless headphones! I can also plug the transmitter into a pedal board and hear all my effects!

If you’re looking for a good quiet option, I highly recommend them. I know they are expensive, but I literally sold my amp and one pedal to pay for them, because they have built in amps and effects in the app I can use too! Eventually when I become a gigging musician I’ll need an amp, but my focus now is practice, practice, practice……and these make it so enjoyable

Just know, they make a pair for guitar and a pair for bass. I got the bass, and I love them.

3 Likes

I’ve had mine now for 2 or 3 weeks and absolutely love it. As a person who has to practice with headphones due to living in a condo, it is far and away the most convenient and best sounding option I’ve found.

That said, it’s not without its flaws. I tend to connect it to my iPad for the added benefit of following along with videos, listening to /learning songs, or viewing pdfs. Having my iPad in landscape mode means I either have to flip it to portrait to tinker with the app settings, or turn my head sideways. There is also a few steps to the process of setting it up each and every time I turn it on. The headphones/app/iPad seems to default to surround or stage (I prefer off with the positional audio). I also tend to prefer the Solid Rock settings from the tone library, which means a couple more steps to set it up if it’s been a while since I turned it on or have been charging it. If anyone knows how to make those settings default I’d love to know.

I also have issues where the instrument cuts off and I have to unplug and replug it back in. I will occasionally also get an issue where the audio from a video I’m watching will begin to break up. This is resolved with pausing and resuming the video a time or two.

These are nitpicks at most and they don’t happen so often that it’s too big a pain, but that’s been my experience.

I know there are a couple of threads for the WAZA Air floating around here elsewhere, just saying.

2 Likes

Roland acquired V-Moda a few years back and they are definitely utilizing many aspects and pick the brains off the team at V-Moda. Though the Waza sounds great, I don’t think it’s from V-Moda audiophile pedigree.

The simple solution for tinkering with your Waza Air-Bass settings while using your iPad is to access them with the phone app and change your settings there. Voilá!

1 Like

See also:

1 Like